At Close Range..... How is the current release? Should I wait on an SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by T r o y, Dec 21, 2002.

1. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I would like to know if any of you have the current release of the 1986 movie At Close Range? How is the quality of the picture/sound? I've read that it is anamorphic 2.35 ratio widescreen but the audio is 2.0 DD.
    Is there any word on a possible SE in the near future or buy this release ?
    Thanks for any input,
    Troy

2. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Producer

As an SE is unlikely for this title (not that I've heard anything either way, but it lacks both the boxoffice and cult appeal to warrant additional treatment) I'd say get it. It's a rock-solid transfer and there's no need for it to have a bells-and-whistles soundtrack. The original trailer is included as the lone extra.

3. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

it's an "it'll do" type of transfer. quite film like, although a bit soft. looks better on a smaller screen, although stands up reasonably well on a larger one.

can't imagine this one getting the SE treatment. i'd buy this one (or check other regions).

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I'm glad to hear the transfer is acceptable. This is one of the discs I asked for this Christmas. It's been on my "oooh I need to get that but I don't have time today" list for many months now.

5. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

I'd agree with the others' comments on the transfer. It's much better than I expected, and quite adequate.

It's a damn shame that this film doesn't get any attention. It's truly a lost classic of the 80's. The performances are fantastic, the cinematography brilliant and the soundtrack moving. I bought is sight unseen and am very glad I did. Great film.