What's new

At certain night clubs how is girls 18+, guys 21+ legal? (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter

It's in Taichung (2 hours south of Taipei) and called The Pig Pen. Supposedly it is the only Western themed club Taichung. Upstairs they do a 50/50 mix of a DJ playing western hits and a Taiwanese cover band (doing "western" hits) that is well... entertaining...

Eric D Wong

Stunt Coordinator
LaMarcus dont get me wrong I love when the girl:guy ratio is higher, however just cause its something most people like doesnt mean its right. I understand its a good business decision, cause the 18-20 y/o guys arent going to attract the drinking age/money making crowd. But thats almost like saying, I own a buffet, but I do not allow people who are more then 200 lbs in because they eat more food.

I honestly think its cause no 18-20 year old would take the time to sue, and by the time it went thru the courts and they reached 21, their opinion would have changed anyway. Cause as soon as I hit 21 of course I was just like screw all the underagers. However when I was 18-20 I wanted to go to some of those clubs but wasnt able to.

But personally I feel a successful night club should not have to have ladies night or any sort of ladies specials to get people to come. All the clubs I go to are never structured this way. I've read a few articles regardng opening night clubs and 'ladies night' and even though the place may be packed, and the ladies are drinking for free only about 1/3 of the crowd is actually paying for drinks....

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I didn't scroll up to see if I mentioned that another reason for no males under a certain age is also done for reasons of security. Which, I totally understand, and totally hated when it effected me.

Young thugs with nothing to loose will be more likely to act a fool up in the club versus say a 25 year college grad that has to go to work on Monday at a corperate office and face a boss. Having a shiner on Monday morning at work will strike up some unwanted attention and conversation. Especially if you show up to work Tuesday with that black eye and you missed Money because 3 o'clock that day was the earliest you could be bailed out.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberreydist48
Recent bookmarks