At certain night clubs how is girls 18+, guys 21+ legal?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Eric D Wong, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Eric D Wong

Eric D Wong Stunt Coordinator

This has always intrigued me, particularly when I was under 21 and would go to night clubs. How exactly is this legal? On what grounds can guys between 18 and 21 be in a sense discriminated against like that? Its obviously not the presence of alcohol if the non-legal drinking girls are in there.

My feeling is perhaps nobody in that 18-21 male crowd said anything cuase I'm sure if somebody actually took the time to sue it would make something happen. I know that alot of places also feature 'ladies night' where the ladies get in for free or have reduced/free drink prices and there was a bill in NJ that tried to be passed that abolished that. If you looked at it even that is sexual discrimination.

However I never went into any clubs that were structured this way, and now that I'm a little older I'm not much into the club scene like I used to be. Although I probably shouldnt be complaining since it would cut down the guy:girl ratio. But how can places still get away with things like this?

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I'm not sure, but since it is private property can't they just say that?

If someone opened up a bar for seniors couldn't they card you if you didn't look old enough? Aren't the discounts for children and seniors at movies age discrimination?

Glenn

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Glenn-

[​IMG]

Isn't that what sane people think?

5. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Private property, sure. But it's still a public business which must abide by certain rules. If I run a business of less than 7 employees out of my home I could, in theory, only hire men or only hire women or discriminate any other way I like. But any business with more than 7 employees must abide by all discrimination laws, etc.

6. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

I've wondered that myself but the reason they do it is because that where the women are, the guys will follow so I guess it's just good business.

A club is like a 'meat-market'. The places with the greatest selection will attract good buyers [​IMG]

Jeff

7. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

It's simply to attract more women, that's it. People focus too much on the ladies get free, ladies pay less. If there were no ladies there it would be a GAY BAR!!!! And unless your gay you won't like that very much.

Men will come regardless, and more men will come than women will. It's a benefit for the men when the ladies get in free, or drink for less. Because one, getting in free will (theoretically) attract a higher number of women to come, and second they'll have more money for drinks, ergo will get drunk faster and be more likely to talk to your ugly ass. So party on dudes!! [​IMG]

8. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

I seriously have hooked up with more women at the local gay bars, than straight bars. Plus, they're a bit more fun. At least here anyway.

To the topic at hand, it is done out here also. I think it's just to even the ratio. I don't hear many complaining. La Marcus is right, "it's a benefit to the men."

9. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

yes, but you (LaMarcus) are assuming that every man going to a bar is looking to hook up with lady. what about all of the guys that have girlfriends or wifes, are they not allowed to go to bars and get drinks for the same price as ladies?

10. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    They should get their ass home before their spouse heads out to a "ladie's night" herself and starts taking advantage of all the free drinks.[​IMG]

Damn that "the ted" and his non-cap influence. Say it with me.......shift key.

11. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

No.

These guys do not bring more clientelle by their mere presence.

Where the women are, men will go. It does't work the other way around.

--
    H

12. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

13. Mike Wladyka

c'mon, at least i capitalized LaMarcus[​IMG]

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

People actually are bitching/sueing about ladies night? Oh my goodness, that person must of been shot down 1 too many times.

I don't know of any bars or clubs that are 18+ for girls and 21+ for guys, the last club I went to was 18+ for everyone.

15. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

I went to a club in Taiwan where people who are not Asian get in free. If you're Asian, you pay the cover to get in.

Go figure...

16. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

Here we have a club that is women 21 and over men 25 and over....I guess they figure 21 year old guys are really like 15 year old kids....[​IMG]

Your right about private property/ public access. That's why Augusta National doesn't have to allow women golfers into Da club.

17. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Seth, that sounds like the club for me. Do you remember the name? I'll be in Taiwan, in September for a very quick business signing.

Is that the the name of the club?

Or were you looking for all of us to break into an impromtu dance number to the #1 hip-hop hit?

18. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

That's even better!!!

bouncer-"Ladies in half off"
    me-"You mean I don't have to pay the full price for my girlfriend?.....SWEET!!!!."

(later on that evening*)

me- "Hey babe go to the bar and buy our drinks..."
    girl-"Why"
    me-"Because it's ladies night so it's cheaper for you, now get cha ass up there and get the drinks!!"

It's a win win situation!

19. Mike Wladyka

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

I've seen guy's do it. In fact I had a friend that was holding his wifes drink {which they give women special cups as to make sure guys aren't drinking free} and they booted him out. And he was seriously just holding it while she got a smoke out of her purse.