Astrophotography and techno music ... a shameless plug

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Jan 16, 2002
    I've redone my site to show off my ongoing learning process of taking astrophotos and mixing techno music.
    I take the pics through my 10" SCT with an old Canon SLR camera. Then I just scan them in with an old scanner. Some day I'll save up for a CCD camera, but until then it's all analog [​IMG]
    Also in the analog world ... I'm trying to learn to mix techno/house/jungle records. I've recorded a few of my first attempts and put them up on my site. I can't say they're good mixes, but I'm pretty sure it can only get better from here.
    So this is just a shameless plug to get the word out about my site. If you're into astronomy or techno music, come take a look. There's not a whole lot up at this point, but as I have spare time and clear skies I'll work on some new stuff to post.
  2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Mar 8, 2000
    I've always been interested in astrophotography but never had the time to get into it. I also have an old Canon SLR (AE-1, circa 1970's)
    Here's a site you may be interested in if you are a DIY'er:
    Plans For Building A Sidewalk Telescope
    A great way to use up that spare sonotube all you DIY sub builders have laying around.