What's new

Astral Chain (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I bought this on the recommendation of the YouTube personality-HappyConsoleGamer-because I agree with him on practically every game he talks about he is the same age as me, and his childhood of gaming in the 80's/90's mirrors mine very closely. From retro to current, I trust him

Best game of 2019. No question about it. I won't play a better game this year.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The game seems fine. I picked up it up based on his recommendation, so I have just started it. Seriously, though, I really hate the controllers that come with the Switch system. I find them too small for my hands and who thought it was a good idea to move the stick on the right hand controller to the lower quadrant? I find that stick positioning awkward for the thumb. A person's thumb naturally wants to rest in the upper half of the controller.

For me, the Switch controllers make this game awkward to control since there was a lot happening in that opening sequence, especially when the boss fight happens. I was having a hell of time trying to control the Legion. In fact, i sucked at it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The game seems fine. I picked up it up based on his recommendation, so I have just started it. Seriously, though, I really hate the controllers that come with the Switch system. I find them too small for my hands and who thought it was a good idea to move the stick on the right hand controller to the lower quadrant? I find that stick positioning awkward for the thumb. A person's thumb naturally wants to rest in the upper half of the controller.

For me, the Switch controllers make this game awkward to control since there was a lot happening in that opening sequence, especially when the boss fight happens. I was having a hell of time trying to control the Legion. In fact, i sucked at it.
That sucks. I have been playing docked with my Pro Controller, and that works great for this game. If I use the vanilla controller that came with the Switch, my hands start to go numb after a while..it just doesn't work for --my hands are too big for it.

The Legion controls get better the more used to it you get, trust me. I thought them clunky, at first, and they never get 100% easy, but they do get much better the more you play.

Hang in there the game gets better, and better. I'm at Harmony square right now, and the music, and investigative aspect are a thing of beauty!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
One big issue with the Pro Controller - sometimes the d-pad directions incorrectly register, specifically the right and down directions. The controller overall is really great but I hit right and see it register as down way too much. This is due to a design flaw that may have been fixed in later revisions.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I took a very extended break with this game, as life got busy. I'm anxious to get into this again over Thanksgiving break.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks