What's new

Astaire/Rogers collection 2 packaging? (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Yes, this was offered with the release of vol.2 and the ultimate 8 disc collection. I have had this on preorder for at least a month with it saying that it was an "Amazon Exclusive". I really hope it comes with the movie poster offer.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Not quite sure what's so unfortunate about that - I'm glad WB offered this option to buyers of the first set without having us shell out full price for both.

MikeDE

Second Unit
I saw an ad for this on TCM, and they were showing full sized cases. It must have been done before the final product design.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I got my box in today, and must say it's one of the nicest WB box sets I've seen. I'm also very glad to see them getting serious about the thinpack packaging--it's about time.

---------------

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Are these titles being released individually? Are the individual releases in keepcases? If they are, I'll skip the box and get the keepcases although I know I'm paying more for the individual titles than getting the box sets but it's worth it.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I may have been unclear. I didn't get vol. 2, I got the Complete Film Collection. As far as I know, vol. 2 is in keepcases. I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet.

---------------

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Has a movie ever been released in both keep case and slim case at the same time? I know with the Lucy/Desi movies ( Long Long Trailer / Forever Darling),
Warner released the individual titles in slim case the same as box set.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ok, Scott now I have a serious case of envy-ous Astaire-itus - was this an advanced copy or do I not know the right people?

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I ordered the Complete Film Collection from DeepDiscountDVD on 10/5/06 for $75.55, and was sort of stunned when it shipped so soon, especially since I was led to believe that the release had been pushed back a week.

I almost didn't buy this set because of the cost, but now that I have it I'm very glad I did.

---------------

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Hi Scott,

Would you please give us details of the mail in poster offer? What are the 4 posters and what is the cost?

Thanks!

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
They're 27" x 40" posters of Top Hat, Follow the Fleet, Swing Time, and Shall We Dance. You can get all four for $5.80 S&H.

I'm a little unclear about which PoP or UPCs to send in. It just says they need, "an original proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from the purchased DVD." But all eleven DVDs in the set have their own PoP tabs, and I didn't see any for the box as a whole, so I'm not sure if just any one will do or not. As a matter of fact, there doesn't even seem to be a UPC tag on the outside of my box, which seems a bit odd. Maybe I need to go look for the plastic wrapper it came in and check it out closer.

---------------

Charles H

Screenwriter
The box itself is sumptuous. A black and white Art Decco mirrored effect that gives the set an amazing three-dimensionality. The Ultimate Superman case will be hard pressed to beat this. Class has begotten class.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks