Astaire and Rogers: The Complete Film Collection

DeeF

Screenwriter
I got the partial collection in the mail today.

Wow. I have rarely been so excited about a DVD package.

The Complete Film Collection includes their 10 films together, plus an extra disk with a new documentary, Astaire and Rogers Partners in Rhythm.

All of the movies come in ThinPaks, and 5 of these (from the first set of movies from last year) were empty, so I removed the first five movies from their original cases and put them right into the new set, and voila! I have the complete set for half the regular retail price.

The box is beautiful! and much sturdier than these are, normally.

I couldn't be happier or more excited. And the movies are good, too!

DeeF

Screenwriter
I think some grateful thanks are in order.

Astaire and Rogers: The Complete Film Collection must be the finest DVD product/package ever produced. It comes from the finest studio for home video (Warner) and details of the package (like ThinPaks, and a partial package so you don't have to rebuy anything) are so thoughtful, a consumer can only be grateful.

I've said it before, but I suspect George Feltenstein is ultimately responsible for this, and so I submit my humble appreciation directly to him.

Cheers! to George and his team at Warner.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I agree wholeheartedly Dee. Although, I'm only familiar with two of the films, I'm looking forward to working my way through the rest of the set and especially the documentary.

The box is incredible, and this offer to make the ultimate set by using the discs from your old set was an incredible idea. I hope that WB does this on more boxes in the future. I would gladly pay for a box and new slimline cases for the Noir series, Berkley Box, That's Entertainment, etc.....

I wish that they would have treated Bogart Volume 2 with equal respect.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I agree. I have been bitching for years about Fred and Ginger not getting the DVD respect they deserve. This set is a jewel.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
More kudos to Warner Bros. for what may end up being the DVD box set of the year. And an offer inside the box to get not just one but FOUR free Astaire-Rogers reproduction movie posters?? Outstanding.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
The whole thoughtfulness for customers, plus the spectacular, holographic box.... Superb.

Thank you, WB.

DG

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Can't agree more! Just received my set today. Like others have said, this is one of the finest dvd packages put together. The box is gorgeous, I love the slimlines (they even have the scene index on the inside cover!) and absolutely can't wait to get those posters! A great big "thank you" goes to Warners and Amazon for catering to those of us who bought the first set. This is now my favorite boxset in my collection.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I cried a little when I saw that picture of Ginger (in costume) talking with George Gershwin.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Does anyone know which Proof of Purchase or Proofs of Purchase we're supposed to use in order to get the posters? I didn't see one on the box itself.

Thanks,

Jay

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
This set is truly a wonder to behold and the chance to make 2 parts whole is greatly appreciated. I prefer the thinpacks, and if Warner were to offer similar packaging replacement or major giant boxsets half full ideas in the future I will be most pleased. Now that these wonderful films are out, I do hope Warner will turn their attentions to RKO's other popular major screen pair, Wheeler & Woolsey.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
The proof-of-purchase tab can be found on the paper blurb that's loosely stuck onto the back of the box, describing the box's contents. At least that's what I used.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks Scott, I had crumpled up that piece of paper and threw it in the trash. Fortunately, I was able to dig it out.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Scott,

Thanks very much! That sheet fell off the box when I removed the cellophane, so I completely neglected to check for it there.

Jay

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
This is such a fantastic idea, may I suggest to WB that they do something similar for a second Busby Berkeley collection. I eat this stuff up.

Regards,

DG

Corey

Screenwriter
yeah i got my set in the mail yesterday and the package is so beautiful. i love the glossy hardboxed cover.

John_S

Stunt Coordinator
I extend my thanks to Warner also--- a truly outstanding set! And the idea of the partial is great!

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone involved in putting this fantastic package together.

As if the films themselves in such beautiful condition weren't enough (and they would have been, for me), we also get those extra goodies. I love the repro press materials, the glossies and the CD. I especially love the slimline cases with the chapter listing/credits inside.

Thank you, too, for offering the 'partial' collection. This was without a doubt my most-anticipated DVD release since volume 1 was out last year, and I'm not disappointed. Now what to do with the pretty vol. 1 box and cases...?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can my fellow Canadians tell me if Warner went bilingual on this packaging?

Normally, I'd just assume so... but since these films have already been released in previous editions and are essentially a deluxe repackaging, I'd like to know.

Corey

Screenwriter

i threw the box and cases away...after all i'll be sending in my proof of purchase to get those posters.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muskantdramu