1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Assistance with sorround speakers and sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Signore, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Andrew Signore

Andrew Signore Auditioning

I'm in the process of putting together my first HT piece by piece. Currently this is the setup:

Display: Sony KV32FS16 WEGA

Reciever: Outlaw 1050

Mains: Paradigm Monitor 7

Center: Paradigm CC370

While I want to put together the best system I can afford, I'm getting a little anxious and want to complete the 5.1 setup ASAP. I have about $800 total to work with.

I have heard the ADP370's, which I love but can't afford if I want to get a sub. Any suggestions? I am open to other brands besides paradigm but I have read concerns about keeping everything "matched". Would buying Paradigm speaker outside the Monitor series also constitute the speakersnot being matched?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Take a look at the ADP-170s. They're not a perfect match to the Monitors like the ADP-370s but they're smaller, cost a lot less, and they were just revved to v3. That's what I went with after it was suggested by the dealer as a good alternative. Matching the timbre of surrounds to the fronts is not critical IMHO. I've got them matched up with Monitor 11s and a CC-370 and it sounds fantastic.

3. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit