What's new

Assistance with sorround speakers and sub (1 Viewer)

Andrew Signore

Auditioning
I'm in the process of putting together my first HT piece by piece. Currently this is the setup:

Display: Sony KV32FS16 WEGA

Reciever: Outlaw 1050

Mains: Paradigm Monitor 7

Center: Paradigm CC370

While I want to put together the best system I can afford, I'm getting a little anxious and want to complete the 5.1 setup ASAP. I have about $800 total to work with.

I have heard the ADP370's, which I love but can't afford if I want to get a sub. Any suggestions? I am open to other brands besides paradigm but I have read concerns about keeping everything "matched". Would buying Paradigm speaker outside the Monitor series also constitute the speakersnot being matched?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at the ADP-170s. They're not a perfect match to the Monitors like the ADP-370s but they're smaller, cost a lot less, and they were just revved to v3. That's what I went with after it was suggested by the dealer as a good alternative. Matching the timbre of surrounds to the fronts is not critical IMHO. I've got them matched up with Monitor 11s and a CC-370 and it sounds fantastic.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I have heard the ADP370's, which I love but can't afford if I want to get a sub. Any suggestions? I am open to other brands besides paradigm but I have read concerns about keeping everything "matched". Would buying Paradigm speaker outside the Monitor series also constitute the speakersnot being matched?
Get the ADP 170 v.3. I got mine for $350, you prolly can get them a bit cheaper, I didn't haggle that much on the price because the dealer gave me Monitor 9's for the price he was selling Monitor 7's. I like the ADP 170s alot, especially being dipole speakers.
Then get a a SVS sub 25-31PCI currently on sale for $549.
so it will be about $900 plus tax and shipping, alittle more than you wanted to spend, but this isn't a cheap hobby. :)
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks