What's new

Assistance using Avia on a 57hx93... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Libby

Stunt Coordinator
I have been using Avia on a 57hx93 and these are the numbers I came out with, it still doesn't look that great and am wondering if anyone maybe could help me out:

Contrast: 46
Brightness: 59
Color: 65
Tint: -12
Sharpness: 54

I thought the sharpness wouldn't be so high.

Also, I've turned off svm and dnr but am wondering about asl and fleshtone. I thought I should turn those off too since they probably taint the intended picture.

I've also manually converged since auto doesn't do the edges well at all.

Thanks.

MatthewW

Auditioning
I have a 57HX83, I do believe it is similar to the HX93 except for the built in HDTV tuner and other minor things. However these are the settings I came up with.

Contrast: 38
Brightness: 46
Color: 44
Tint: -7
Sharpness: 30

I set color temperature to warm. All settings SVM, flesh, DNR etc. to OFF. When I set the sharpness I didn't notice much change till I got around your setting so I dropped it back way down to 30. Did you set your color with the blinking color bars? I dont know why it would be that much higher than mines. My picture looks great so far except the convergence is kinda bad still after the 9 pt., I am waiting 100 hours for the set to burn in then I will do the 56 pt. convergence. The super bowl looked great tonight on HiDef. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks