Asking for input on KC area meet....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike OConnell, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    I am thinking about having a get-together for KC area HT enthusiasts at my home on March 30. My wife and son are out of town visiting relatives, so I am "free" to do as I please that weekend.
    The negative of that day is twofold - it is Holy Saturday (the day before Easter) and people may have guests that weekend or be out of town, and the NCAA Men's semifinals are that evening (I'm a college BB junkie).
    The positives are good conversation, movies, and whatever else may unfold.
    By that time I will have my HT all the way completed (hopefully in a couple of days), which includes:
    SE-13HD LCD projector, 100" 16:9 Grayhawk screen, Denon 5800 receiver, Paradigm Reference speakers - 60,CC,ADP, and SA-10R's, Velo HGS-18, Sony DVD player, and Quadscan Elite HD scaler.
    Here is a link to my theater - pre-FPTV set-up:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28828.html
    I would probably plan on starting mid-late morning, grill some burgers and brats for lunch, and end late afternoon - unless people wanted to stay to watch the NCAA's.
    It would be BYOB and a side dish or dessert to share.
    What do you KC area members think. Are there 2 or 20 out there that would be interested.
    Please let me know ASAP if you would be interested so I can gage the interest and see if this may or may not be feasible.
    Please respond by posting to this thread.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    bump