What's new

Ask Concord to Keep Up SACD Releases! (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Concord Music Group is considering dropping the SACD format for its Telarc and other labels.

If you want to keep SACD stereo and multichannel releases coming from them please send them a polite email expressing your interest to the following email:

Email: [email protected]

Thanks!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
Received an e-mail from Concord today.

They have a Spring Sale....15% off, still free shipping on orders over $50.

Code is CMG SPRING

Does anyone remember how to generate a complete list of SACDs from their website?
Search under "SACD" and it brings up only 54. I know the true total exeeds 200.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Chris! Just ordered 9 titles with 8 of them SACD. Too bad Candy Dulfer is only on CD.

Candy Dulfer - Candy Store (CD)
Michael Brecker -Pilgrimage
Spyro Gyra - Good To Go-Go
Various Artists - "Amadeus" soundtrack (2 SACD)
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Perform Music Of The Beatles
Jerry Goldsmith & London Symphony Orchestra - The Film Music Of Jerry Goldsmith
Jaco Pastorius Big Band - The Word Is Out!
Hiroshima -The Bridge
Michel Camilo - Spirit Of The Moment

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I picked up several of those myself but you should have gotten two more because of the buy 10 get 1 free offer. You must have missed that in my post above or could you not find another couple?

Chris

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
When I only received 4 out the 11 SACD titles I ordered back in June I called Concord.
They suggested I call back in 4 or 5 weeks, let their system replenish, and they would honor the sale pricing.

Well, I called back today and with all the cuts at Telarc (their Cleveland offices is where customer service is based) they are in now the process of closing the warehouse therefore nothing is being replenished.
Looks like everything will be farmed out to a 3rd party fulfillment company. I was told they could not sell me anything at this time, certainly could not match the former sale price and I'm basically out of luck.
Even though the website is still active and orders presumably still being taken this person did not know where the product was coming from.
It was a polite conversation, the Concord lady was very nice (have to be sympathetic....people are losing their jobs over there) but I nonetheless left frustrated. I get the distinct feeling some people were able to get their orders sorted out but not all of us.
Perhaps things will improve once this change settles down but right now Concord's ability to provide decent customer service is gone.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I suspected something very gloomy was happening. I have 3 titles left unreceived and although I did send an email and got acknowledgement that the titles were on back order, there was no indication that I had any chance of ever receiving the missing titles. Oh well, it was a great deal and The Concord Music Company did a terrific job with SACD. I am pretty sure I have ended up with more CMG titles than any other in my collection of high resolution audio. Maybe Concord will move on to Blu-ray or maybe not, at this point, I kind of doubt it.

Chris
Originally Posted by Blair G

When I only received 4 out the 11 SACD titles I ordered back in June I called Concord.
They suggested I call back in 4 or 5 weeks, let their system replenish, and they would honor the sale pricing.

Well, I called back today and with all the cuts at Telarc (their Cleveland offices is where customer service is based) they are in now the process of closing the warehouse therefore nothing is being replenished.
Looks like everything will be farmed out to a 3rd party fulfillment company. I was told they could not sell me anything at this time, certainly could not match the former sale price and I'm basically out of luck.
Even though the website is still active and orders presumably still being taken this person did not know where the product was coming from.
It was a polite conversation, the Concord lady was very nice (have to be sympathetic....people are losing their jobs over there) but I nonetheless left frustrated. I get the distinct feeling some people were able to get their orders sorted out but not all of us.
Perhaps things will improve once this change settles down but right now Concord's ability to provide decent customer service is gone.

Frank A

Stunt Coordinator
I only received four of the six (I think) SACD's that I ordered during that sale back in June. When I called, they told me that I would not get my others, so...

Anyway, Concord has or is about to release a couple of Monster Music dvd's by George Benson. I recently bought the "George Benson and Al Jarreau, Givin' It Up" dvd by Monster Music. It is advertised as a "super disc", I think. Anyway, I bought it at Fry's Electronics last month. It is quite good and is a dts (not sacd)/dolby digital music dvd (no video). It also has a cd disc with it. The dts version of the dvd is quite good (I think). It does have a lot of surround just like an sacd/dvd-a. The dts version (2 versions actually) is put out at 96/24.

If you can get by the thought that it is Monster, and all of their self high praise for the disc, it is quite a good disc, I think. I really enjoy listening to it (I haven't played the cd, yet, though). I think that it is another hirez(?) option. I am not really a fan of all of the orchestral and symphonic type of music, although I do have a few discs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda late to the SACD game and am still trying to figure out the best places to get reasonable deals on the discs.

When Concord lists an SACD for sale, are they still likely to have it in stock?

Do they run regular sales or offer discounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks