ASK ANY GIRL.....I finally have this missing film

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
For 30 years or so I have wondering what happened to the MGM film ASK ANY GIRL with Shirley MacLaine, David Niven, Gig Young and Rod Taylor . It never been shown on any cable and has never been released on DVD. Right problems/. I don't know.
Today by a stroke of luck I received the DVD from Italy. It has been restored and is 2.35 anamorphic. I'm looking forward to finally watching tonight.
713JjGdq09L._SL1409_.jpg

Reactions: ahollis and Gary16

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The PQ is not a restoration.....but watchable and is anamorphic
Is it a legitimate disc or a bootleg? I'm a big fan of David Niven and would like this film in my collection. The last time i watched it - decades ago on television - I thought it would have been better as a musical.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Is it a legitimate disc or a bootleg? I'm a big fan of David Niven and would like this film in my collection. The last time i watched it - decades ago on television - I thought it would have been better as a musical.
I suspect it's a bootleg. Nowhere on the front or back of the jacket is the MGM logo. It's from A&R productions who have a history of doing bootlegs. It's also region free which is suspicious.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I watched it last last night. It is all region . It is a faded anamorphic print and clearly not a restoration. Nevertheless it fascinating to see a very un PC film from the 50's that was still funny. I still wonder why it has not been released?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc