What's new

Asian X-Files sets: Legit or no? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I see Asian versions of the X-Files season sets all over Ebay. I was wondering if these are bootlegs or official releases. Here's a shot of season 6.

If these these are legit, does anyone know if they have the special features from the US sets?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There was a thread about this 1 year ago, which concluded they were likely bootlegs. Anyone know anything further? If they're bootlegs, I find it odd they're releasing them in sync with the US releases rather than already releasing season 9. Also, the bootleggers went to the trouble of making Chinese subtitles. If they aren't bootlegs, I find the French language track odd for somethign that apparently originates in Hong Kong.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If they're bootlegs, I find it odd they're releasing them in sync with the US releases rather than already releasing season 9. Also, the bootleggers went to the trouble of making Chinese subtitles.
Of course they're releasing them in sync. It's much easier to just rip the legit product than make your own

There are no Chinese legit season boxes of X-Files

And they go to the trouble of making Chinese subs for everything,it doesn't mean they're GOOD subs, but they do. I shudder if their Chinese subs are anything like their English ones, if so it's a whole new movie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks