Ashton Kutcher Stars In "The Butterfly Effect"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ThomasC, Oct 17, 2003.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

The trailer for the dramatic sci-fi thriller is up at the official site:

http://www.butterflyeffectmovie.com/

His acting doesn't look that great, and with a January 2004 release, this looks like it's going to be a stinker.

2. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Is that guy EVER going to change his haircut? It won't matter how far removed from Kelso his movie characters are if he keeps wearing the same exact hairstyle.

As for the trailer... It seemed mildly interesting, but I doubt they can stretch the whole "oops, messed up the future, better go back and change the past again" premise for two hours. It could become repetitive and uninteresting in a hurry.

3. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

Yep, usually it does. Ever seen 12:01? It was interesting until about the THIRTY-FIFTH time he was zapped back into the past! Sheesh!

Kyle[​IMG]

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I went to high school with the guy. He's always had that haircut. He's just keeping it real.

5. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Keeping it real dumb. This guy either has no intelligence or just acts like he's an idiot. I can't get excited about anything he is in, regardless if it's supposed to be good.

He is destined to be like Jim Carrey, where no one takes him seriously.

6. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Actually, the concept isn't too bad. I don't mind "what if" type of storylines. I do have to agree, tho, that Ashton's acting here doesn't look so hot. He does need to do these type of roles, tho, if he expects to get anywhere further in his career...

Jason