What's new

Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I probably got lucky since the cop who was briefly in season one was played by an actress from Dallas, so it got a lot of local press. I don’t know if I’d have known about it otherwise. I was a pretty casual ED fan when it started, only having seen ED II and AOD. I have since seen the original.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"Pablo, you had one job."

Laughed my ass off at the paint shaker scene, and I liked the green misty look. I never would have thought I'd like Ash having a daughter, but Brandy is cool and I'm glad she's now fully onboard with things. It's too bad Ash couldn't have saved some of those kids.

I apologize if anyone read that before watching the latest. I tried to keep it vague, but I now realize it should be spoilerized when viewed in advance. I just got excited to find it had been posted early, as Travis said, and wasn’t thinking. :(

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Spoilers for tonight's episode:
Laughed my ass off at the paint shaker scene
That was a fun moment. Any time blood is flying everywhere, I laugh with this show.

I never would have thought I'd like Ash having a daughter, but Brandy is cool and I'm glad she's now fully onboard with things.
I was initially curious how that character was going to play but just like Pablo and Kelly, I pretty quickly warmed to Brandy. From the beginning of the series, I figured that even if I didn't dislike any of the new characters, I'd still be thinking "Man, get back to Ash" but I enjoy all the characters on this show. It's a testament to the actors and the writers.

For a show that has so much old Detroit rock in it, I loved that they managed to hold on to MC5 for a cool moment like the Delta popping back out. "Kick out the jams, motherfucker!"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think the first two seasons were just recently added to Netflix, so maybe it'll do well for them and they'll pick it up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the first two seasons were just recently added to Netflix, so maybe it'll do well for them and they'll pick it up.
That does seem like a place that it would thrive. Lots of horror fans must have Netflix so hopefully, it will find an audience.

If this season has an ending (and the first two didn't end on a cliffhanger or anything), it won't be so bad but if there's threads left hanging, I hope they can get at least a 'TV' movie to wrap it up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This season has been the best yet, so at least it’s going out on a high. I guess when I cancel my Starz, it’s for keeps.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I’m searching Etsy for a replica momma phone.

It was fun watching Brandy go all Bruce Campbell in a one-woman Three Stooges self-beat-em-up. I really thought they were going to chainsaw her up like the old man.

The pit monster may be the closest we’ll come to the cover of Fantastic Four #1 being filmed.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what the finale holds but tonight's episode certainly seems like they're going to wrap it up. And the last two episodes seem like they are pretty big budget for this series. Nice CG work in addition to the always great make up.

Bruce's delivery on
"Fuck off, bitch!" was absolutely classic.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This show looks great as a war movie.The color palette was phenomenal. Laughed at Pablo wheeling Kelly around on a dolly. Not too sure about that ending, though. We don't get to know the fates of any of the other characters, though we would have found out and I'm sure in the next season Ash would have found a way to reverse the mass destruction and we certainly would have expected the trio to be by his side while doing so. For no reason in particular, I'm going to say that Lexx is the grown up version of the little girl Pablo saved.

All in all, a very satisfying series. I'm going to need to watch the movies and revisit the series afterwards.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sad to see it go but I'm happy with the ending. I could be wrong but I think that was
written as an ending to the series. The show could have come back again with Ash returning to our time but as an ending, this fits with the ending of the ED movies (the director's cut of Army Of Darkness anyway) where Ash prevails but there's always an epilogue where one more bad thing happens to him. If anything, this time he's somewhat more happy embracing his role as the chosen one after he saved his friends & town in what I assume is the far distant past.

I liked that they let Bruce play a little bit of the drama too. Everyone knows he can do comedy but the scenes where Ash is in despair, he gives a legitimately good dramatic performance without violating the tone of the show.
As a big fan of The Evil Dead movies, the fact that this series existed at all is wonderful and that it was better than I could have hoped for is even cooler. Bravo to all involved!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think time, the budget and, most of all, the sequels have made people look at the first one as more comedic than it was intended but I think they were trying to make a movie that was scary and violent.
Having watched the original ED when it was a shiny new VHS tape I thought it was one of the scariest movies I had ever seen at the time. Still on the top ten list for me.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thought this season was the best yet and that the ending to the final episode was fantastic, just the best possible way to end the series, IMO.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I just finished this last night. I really enjoyed it and agree with sentiments expressed earlier in this thread that this show isn't for everybody, but I dragged my wife along for the ride and she ended up laughing as much as I did. I really wished that they would have renewed this for another season, but I loved the ending and felt it was just about perfect for Ash to ride off on another mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks