Ascend Acoustics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill O'Brien, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Bill O'Brien

Bill O'Brien Auditioning

Hi,
    I've been looking for online reviews of the offerings from Ascend Acoustics and they sound excellent for the cost. I'm wondering if anybody has heard them (or owns them) and what are your impressions?
    I'd like to be able to go and listen to them myself but they're an online-only (www.ascendacoustics.com) company so that's impossible.
    Cheers,
    Bill

2. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

3. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Auditioning

I bought the HT package with sub from Ascend Acoustics in April and couldn't be happier. I'm not very good about describing or giving an analytical review, but all I can say is that they sound as good or better as anything I auditioned. They are great to work with, too.
    ------------------

4. JoelW

JoelW Stunt Coordinator

We actually have another review unit from them in our test lab right now. It consists of 2 CBM-170 bookshelf speakers, 2 of their HS-200 (I think that's the model), a Center channel and a HSU VTF-2 sub.
    We just received these so we haven't done much testing, but they will definitely get compared directly to the other speakers we currently are testing. Some of those include Swan Diva 2.1s, nOrh 4.0, HomeTheaterDirect Level IIIs, and Axiom Audio m3ti.
    After we get the individual reviews up, we plan on doing a shootout that will directly compare the speakers on performance and sound. We don't plan on factoring in looks or features, just sound.
    ------------------
    Joel White
    Editor CheapHomeTheater.com