Ascend Acoustics vs Gallo Micros

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnV, Jan 25, 2003.

1. JohnV

JohnV Auditioning

I am looking to purchase a 5.1 setup and was wondering if anyone here has heard these two systems. They both have gotten great reviews but I was hoping someone here has compared the two and could give me some advice. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you, John

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

though i have not heard either... i don't think the gallos are even in the same league as the ascends...

the gallos main selling points are the size and style...the sound is good when compared to some other small speakers (bose)..though i'm not sure how they would fare against Morel's ball type speakers

on the other hand...the ascends don't sacrifice build and sound quality for size and style...

3. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Gallos are "lifestyle" speaker and receive reviews as such.

Of course I love my Ascend CBM-170s [​IMG].

4. Julio Ortiz

Julio Ortiz Agent

Hi:

While reading through the forum, I found about the Gallos as a better option to Bose. Im looking for some small speakers, but they must also be good. My main HT has B&W. The speakers Im looking for are for a Pany 53" HDTV I bought and space is a big factor, but wouldn't like to sacrifice sound quality.

B&W LM1s, even though I have some for (outside) are still a little big. I went Today to a local store, and they have the Gallo Micros in stock... It was so crowded, the sales people were not able to hook them up. I also saw the Morells, but couldn't hear them either, but just a look at both, and you'll notice that the Morells "should" sound better...

I can get the Gallo Micros ($75 each) while the Morells S2 are $500 a pair! Do you think is worth to spend $375 on 5 Gallo Micros? Or is there any other alternative?

5. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Ascend is compared to speakers costing more, the Gallos to Bose. Enough said.