What's new

“As themselves”…Actors Portraying Themselves On The Big And Small Screen (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yeah, Beav had a good heart but he was not the brightest of kids. Then again, if he never made dumb mistakes or didn't get roped into problems by his friends, there'd be no stories. :)
Holy plotpoint Batman - don't forget about all of the Bat-Man 1960s walking up the building cameos

1639510010972.png

Some are appearing as well-known characters in this compilation ...

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Considering it's popularity, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Big Bang Theory, which may be second only to Larry Sanders for the amount of real people playing themselves, almost entirely from the world of geekdom and science. Stephen Hawking alone may be the all-time most impressive "get" in this category.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Richard Arlen and Charles "Buddy" Rogers, the stars of the first Academy Award winner for Best Picture, WINGS (1927) playing themselves as they attend a long-delayed premiere in Hooterville in a 1968 episode of PETTICOAT JUNCTION.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Richard Arlen and Charles "Buddy" Rogers, the stars of the first Academy Award winner for Best Picture, WINGS (1927) playing themselves as they attend a long-delayed premiere in Hooterville in a 1968 episode of PETTICOAT JUNCTION.

Fantastic! I never knew that.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Gloria Swanson also played herself on The Beverly Hillbillies, as RBailey's post reminded me - and didn't she also do one of Lucy's shows as well ?
I googled her and didn't come up with anything.
Are you perhaps thinking of Tallulah Bankhead?

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I Love Lucy had Van Johnson, William Holden, Eve Arden, & Harpo Marx among other stars during the Hollywood season.
I googled her and didn't come up with anything.
Are you perhaps thinking of Tallulah Bankhead?

Funny you should ask right now - I just realised I was confusing Swanson with Joan Crawford and was about to post a correction. Isn't there a Lucy episode where she shows germaphobe Crawford how to clean her house ? I'm fuzzy on the details but I think it was a Lucy Show, not the ILL show. Or possibly Here's Lucy ?

You're correct about Tallulah as well .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks