What's new

AS THE WORLD TURNS makes history: daytime's first gay kiss... (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
While there has been a lesbian kiss on another soap and back in the 80's/90's a peck on the cheek for a dying lover, today's ATWT is going to be the first unabashed kiss between two men... A news piece about the kiss ET aired a couple days back and its getting huge hits on youtube, but save yourself for the real thing.

Airs on CBS today usually at 1PM.

What's particularly exciting about this turn of events is that the story has been handled so well. Some were griping a few weeks ago that things were being dragged out. When the character of Noah (Jake Silbermann) was brought into the show, it was known by pretty much everyone that he was brought in to become the first boyfriend for Luke Snyder (Van Hansis), and most thought it would happen instantly. But instead the writers have done an admirable job building up Noah and anchoring him to the characters, so that we've been deeply involved in his story. What makes it even more gripping is that poor Noah is clearly in denial and Silbermann has conveyed his inner torment with some terrific acting, most of it non verbal. A glance here, a longly held look there etc. Just terrific stuff.

For those who aren't familiar with the storyline, essentially Luke is the son of one of the core families on the show. He came out as gay a year ago, in a storyline that was also well-handled and garnered him an emmy nom. Noah entered the show in June, and works with Luke and their mutual friend Maddie at a local TV station as interns. Luke has never had a boyfriend, but has found himself attracted to Noah, who everyone thinks is straight, including himself...But he has started a relationship with Maddie and the sheer intensity and desperation he has shown in trying to hold onto it and force it, has made it clear things are all not what they seem with him. Add a father that's a career military man and an oppressive a-hole to boot and his conflict becomes clear.

Here's a link to last Thursday's episode, with it's jawdropping finale, nicely built up to by the great chemistry between the leads.

Part 34 -

If you like that, I highly recommend watching the ones from 35 on to get caught up for today's episode. Great stuff.

P.S. If you miss it, I'm sure it will be posted on youtube later today...but then you'll miss the rest of the storylines which I've gotten hooked on as well...

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
And here's the clips from the storyline for today's episode. The kiss happens in the last part, I'm told. I'm waiting until I get home to watch it on my DVR.

Part 39 -

Part 40 -

Part 41 -

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I did see some clips of this last week when the two characters were uncomfortably drawn together as they were rough housing.
I think this storyline is great and I wonder why it took so long for daytime to have a storyline.

I watched the kissing scene from the clip above and what can I say except....Hot!

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I hate the fact that the YouTube clip of the kiss is age-restricted. There are tons of steamier hetero stuff on there that's not.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Kevin, it's ridiculous. But apparently any meatball that requests something be age restricted pretty much happens, from what I'm told.

Now, the hits on the other hands is amazing. 237,000 hits just over the weekend, never mind all the other videos of the same thing that other people uploaded!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Man, America is SO uptight. Captain Jack and the Doctor kissed in The Parting of Ways three years ago - and Doctor Who is a bloody family show for pete's sake!

Looks like network TV needs to get with the times.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
So, has anyon else been tuning in the last week? The episodes after Friday have been terrific drama, really cranking up the tension on poor conflicted Noah. It's a great storyline, extremely well-written and performed.

I can't wait to see what happens next...on this as well as the other plotlines which I enjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks