As soon as it's built, I have to move....but!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Steve Adams, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Hi,

earlier on I posted my 12x11 ht, which imo sounded pretty good. However do to job circumstances, I have to move back to my home town. Now, I thought I was going to loose my HT, but the house Im looking at buying has a room that is 9x18. Hello, new HT. Im looking for some ideas on how to prep this room for HT. the walls are already there, but I think it's pannel board. So first off im going to ahve to gyproc and paint agian. and put full insulation in the walls. The one good thing about this house, is that I have no apt in this one! YEY! LOUD it is!.....any ideas on what to do with this room, also where to place the rear speakers and so on....thanks for the input!

Looking for tips, for sound, color, damping of reflected sound, seating options....im planning on a front projector so that is item #1 on my list of to dos!......

2. Brad_C

Brad_C Auditioning

Come up with anything yet? I got a 8'7 1/8" x ~19' room in the basement of my house being built. It is a bit thin, but I think I can work something out. It would be mostly for my wife and I, and future kids.

The 19x16 room next to it is for the game room: pool table, bar, and pinball or air hockey or something.

Anyways, we havesimilar dimensions, wondering if you came up with anything. Thanks.