AS-F2 or Velodyne Sub?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeGee, Mar 2, 2005.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

I have an option here..
    I just finished installing my Athena AS-B2's on my Pioneer 1014tx. The bass is very minimal even after i adjusted the EQ settings. (Unless anyone has any idea how to get a bit more bass outta these speakers on that amp)
    I would like to get more bass going but i am debating now between getting 2 tower speakers which would be Athena AS-F2 or the Velodyne DSP-12B. Either one is 600$ canadian.
    I have heard the Velodyne sub and i was quite impressed with how much power it had for the size of room it was in.
    I'm open to ideas.. if you have any suggestions on another sub to check out lemme know.

2. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Mike...if you don't have a sub I would definitely choose a good sub over the speakers. I can't speak for the Velodyne as I've never heard it, but in my opinion a good sub with the B2s will get you better bass than the F2s without a sub.

I have AS-F2s powered by the 1014 and find that by setting them to 'small' the sub (SVS PB12/2)gives much better bass than the F2s alone (for both movies and music).

3. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Not too many things that would give better bass then that PB12/2.

4. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Mikey you'd go with a JBL PB12 for a sub? I'm looking for somthing thats gonna have enough power to it but nothing out of this world. Any sub under 600$ canadian would be great.

5. Raj_asaurus

Raj_asaurus Stunt Coordinator

he's talking SVSubwoofers.com PB12

6. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Yup, SVS