As an interim tv, how is the SONY KV32HS42>

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dick, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Tweeter has one of these now-discontinued sets left and is selling it for $800. It is a 32" high def-ready set (4x3) and I have put a refundable deposit of 10% down on it. Wanted opinions from HTF before making my final decision. Does anyone own one of these? In combo with a Sony DVP-NS975 progressive scan player with HDMI output, would this be a good interim home theater display unit until I can afford a front projector/screen, etc.?

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

It's an excellent 4/3 HD ready set. If the size and aspect ratio don't bother you, you won't be going wrong by any means. For a few hundred more larger widescreen crt based rptvs in the neighborhood of 42-48" are readily available if you're not hung up on lcd or dlp, newer tech with worse pics and higher prices.

3. Craig

Craig Second Unit

I've seen a Toshiba 46" RPTV on sale for $997 recently at H.H. Gregg, so there are 16x9 sets with larger screensizes available for only a little more if you want to spend that much.

4. John S

John S Producer

be warned.. I think this set comes in at around 200lbs or more!!! [​IMG]

5. wayne-sun

wayne-sun Agent

Only 168lb, no problem (as long as you have a couple of strong guy's around on moving day)[​IMG]