What's new

Artisan's novelty packaging for TOTAL RECALL and BASIC INSTINCT does it bite? (1 Viewer)

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I liked both of these and appreciate the extra effort that Artisan made on behalf of people that love the films. They could be like Warner and put out the same stupid snapper for every title, but they tried to make something special for the films (whether it is successful or not is obviously up for debate).
I thought they were clever and very cool - especially since they are selling for less than the average Paramount standard release (which has no extras, unlike these SPECIAL editions).
My only complaint is the lack of a spine identifier for Basic Instinct, but I would take this over a standard case any day!!

MikeM

Screenwriter
I plan to find cover art and convert both to standard keepcase. Someone has already posted cover art on HTF for Total Recall.
I created some cover art for th Basic Instinct DVD to anyone that's interested. You can see the preview image here, and download the full 300dpi image from there as well:
Link Removed
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think the packaging succeeds in being cool and gimmicky...right up until you try to open the case (both the plastic and the metal tin) and the discs come flying out!
I have already placed both in spare amarays...thank goodness AOL keeps sending those through the mail, I get coasters and spare DVD cases monthly!
But I do have the tin and the ice-pick case on display, just no discs in them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks