What's new

Artisan; why why? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My guess would be that it boils down to "Gee, Blair Witch really was a flash in the pan". All of their "mainstream" films have totally bombed since. Company's up for sale, so frankly I'm guessing they're spending as little money as possible

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
They did the same thing with 'The Long Walk Home', a title that I was looking forward to. I didn't keep it, as it was ruined in its cropped format.

They also did it with 'The Last Seduction'. It wasn't so serious in that one, as the film was shot with an open matte, so no information was actually lost from the sides. (Although Artisan probably didn't even realise that.)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm not familiar with the movie, but I read that it was filmed in Panavision.

Artisan should be ashamed for either not creating a new 2.35:1 transfer or making a new one in pan & scan.

Or better yet, not releasing it at all.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I really hope the company sells to a responsible studio, as perhaps then we can get THE QUIET MAN the way we should have had it years ago, as well as many other titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks