ARTISAN: The Running Man - Special Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ivan Berisic, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Ivan Berisic

Ivan Berisic Stunt Coordinator

You've released the Total Recall SE. We want the Running Man too.
    "I'll be back"
    "Only in a rerun"
    "You bastard! Drop dead!"
    "I don't do requests"
    [​IMG]

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

This is a film that needs re-visited. I'm in for a SE.

3. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

The Running Man SE , count me in.[​IMG]
    L

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

I'd love a special edition of this film but after hearing that Artisan recently shelled out 75,000 dollars to Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Total Recall audio commentary; I doubt Artisan would be willing to spend anymore money to get Schwarzenegger to participate in a re-issue of this title.

5. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

a SE of this would be cool...I loved this film when I was a kid...I could really care less if Schwarzenegger does a audio commentary on here...if they did this they should get Stephen King to talk about it since it was based on his book*writen under another name*

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

This is one of my 2 favourite movies thats based on a Stephen King novel (the other being Misery which also should be reveisited, but thats a job for Columbia) and it should have a Special edition. I couldn't really care less if Arnold does a commentary or not. An interview with him about it would be good enough for me. [​IMG]

7. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I agree about the Schwarzenegger commentaries, I listened to the Conan commentary, and although I like Arnold, he's just not that interesting to listen to. Definately not worth 75k for a simple commentary [​IMG]
    Chris.

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

We don't need an Arnold commentary for an SE ("ha ha, this is where I hit the guy and call him Christmas Tree, ha ha"). Just a nice anamorphic transfer from a new HD source, some cool extras, and a nice remastered soundtrack.

9. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Well, if it cost $75 grand for him to do an audio commentary, imagine how much it would cost to get him to sit down for video interviews.

I doubt Artisan could find any archived interviews to use in a new documentary for The Running Man. They'd have to create new interviews and I really doubt Artisan really wants to shell any more money out to Arnold.

Especially for a cult flick like The Running Man.

I'd really like an SE too but reality keeps coming up.

10. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter