What's new

ARTISAN: The Running Man - Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
You've released the Total Recall SE. We want the Running Man too.
"I'll be back"
"Only in a rerun"
"You bastard! Drop dead!"
"I don't do requests"
:D

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I'd love a special edition of this film but after hearing that Artisan recently shelled out 75,000 dollars to Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Total Recall audio commentary; I doubt Artisan would be willing to spend anymore money to get Schwarzenegger to participate in a re-issue of this title.

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
a SE of this would be cool...I loved this film when I was a kid...I could really care less if Schwarzenegger does a audio commentary on here...if they did this they should get Stephen King to talk about it since it was based on his book*writen under another name*

Rob T

Screenwriter
This is one of my 2 favourite movies thats based on a Stephen King novel (the other being Misery which also should be reveisited, but thats a job for Columbia) and it should have a Special edition. I couldn't really care less if Arnold does a commentary or not. An interview with him about it would be good enough for me. :)

Chris M

Second Unit
I agree about the Schwarzenegger commentaries, I listened to the Conan commentary, and although I like Arnold, he's just not that interesting to listen to. Definately not worth 75k for a simple commentary :frowning:
Chris.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
We don't need an Arnold commentary for an SE ("ha ha, this is where I hit the guy and call him Christmas Tree, ha ha"). Just a nice anamorphic transfer from a new HD source, some cool extras, and a nice remastered soundtrack.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Well, if it cost $75 grand for him to do an audio commentary, imagine how much it would cost to get him to sit down for video interviews.

I doubt Artisan could find any archived interviews to use in a new documentary for The Running Man. They'd have to create new interviews and I really doubt Artisan really wants to shell any more money out to Arnold.

Especially for a cult flick like The Running Man.

I'd really like an SE too but reality keeps coming up.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
"ha ha, this is where I hit the guy and call him Christmas Tree, ha ha"
:laugh: :laugh:
There are so many classic people you could have do a commentary for this film! Forget Ahnuld for a second. You could have an awesome "We're famous but certainly not because of this movie" commentary track: Richard Dawsom, Jim Brown, Jesse Ventura, Mick Fleetwood and Dweezil Zappa! Then you could have another commentary with Sven-Ole Thorsen. Artisan could bill it as the world's first unintelligable DVD audio commentary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks