What's new

Artisan/Hallmark steps up! (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I received a copy of Dinotopia, which was obviously a first run based on the problem (a 10 second audio drop-out confirmed due to mastering, not DVD player issues) I had which were the same as others - who purchased the DVD at release time - had on this forum. I am VERY impressed with Artisan's costomer service. It was not only prompt, but they went above and beyond to make up for my trouble. See below: (read from the bottom, original email, back to top)
------------------------------------------------------
Dear CJ,
Thank you for contacting Hallmark Entertainment. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please return the entire DVD to Artisan Entertainment (2700 Colorado, Santa Monica, CA 90404, attn: Nikkie Randle), and we will send a replacement with a gift.
Thank you,
Customer Support
Hallmark Entertainment
[email protected]
Link Removed
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:47 AM
To: Info Web Admin
Subject: Dinotopia audio problem.
Hello, I have recently received a copy of Dinotopia as a gift. I enjoyed the mini-series and wanted thank you for putting such a great program and great DVD. However, on the second disk of the show, near the end, there is a 8-12 second audio dropout on my DVD. I am a member of several online DVD/movie forums, and after asking around I discovered that this was a common problem with the first run of movies. I do not know where the person that purchased it for me bought it, but it was unopened, so it must have been on the shelf for some time. I was wondering if there is anything you can do to help me.
Thank you,
CJ Paul

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Now, I wish they would step up and release the remaining Hal Roach Little Rascals DVDs that they own. They released one volume in the US. I got the other 5 from Canada but I still would like to see the last 6 volumes come out!
Jeff

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Gee, why can't DISNEY'S customer service be as good as that? They pay people to answer an 800 number but basically tell you tough luck!!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Gee, why can't DISNEY'S customer service be as good as that? They pay people to answer an 800 number but basically tell you tough luck!!
Thats exactly why I posted this. So many stories we hear are just rants. Its like watching the news, you'd thing the world is coming to an end, but people do the right thing every day, it just doesnt make the news. I think this is a good example of a company doing the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks