Artisan/Hallmark steps up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I received a copy of Dinotopia, which was obviously a first run based on the problem (a 10 second audio drop-out confirmed due to mastering, not DVD player issues) I had which were the same as others - who purchased the DVD at release time - had on this forum. I am VERY impressed with Artisan's costomer service. It was not only prompt, but they went above and beyond to make up for my trouble. See below: (read from the bottom, original email, back to top)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Dear CJ,
    Thank you for contacting Hallmark Entertainment. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please return the entire DVD to Artisan Entertainment (2700 Colorado, Santa Monica, CA 90404, attn: Nikkie Randle), and we will send a replacement with a gift.
    Thank you,
    Customer Support
    Hallmark Entertainment
    [email protected]
    www.hallmarkent.com
    Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:47 AM
    To: Info Web Admin
    Subject: Dinotopia audio problem.
    Hello, I have recently received a copy of Dinotopia as a gift. I enjoyed the mini-series and wanted thank you for putting such a great program and great DVD. However, on the second disk of the show, near the end, there is a 8-12 second audio dropout on my DVD. I am a member of several online DVD/movie forums, and after asking around I discovered that this was a common problem with the first run of movies. I do not know where the person that purchased it for me bought it, but it was unopened, so it must have been on the shelf for some time. I was wondering if there is anything you can do to help me.
    Thank you,
    CJ Paul

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Now, I wish they would step up and release the remaining Hal Roach Little Rascals DVDs that they own. They released one volume in the US. I got the other 5 from Canada but I still would like to see the last 6 volumes come out!
    Jeff

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Gee, why can't DISNEY'S customer service be as good as that? They pay people to answer an 800 number but basically tell you tough luck!!

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul