Artificial Eye "Three Colors - White" language version

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_K, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Andrew_K

Andrew_K Stunt Coordinator

I have noticed that the Artificial Eye Kieslowski "Three Colors" trilogy has been already released in the UK.
    My question is: what is the language version of "White" of this release?
    The box cover shows that it is French (similarily as "Red" and "Blue"), but I have Miramax tape of "White" and the language is mostly Polish, since most of the actors in "White" were Polish, and the movie was filmed in Poland.
    Did the Artificial Eye use French dub of this movie instead of the original language version?
    Are the subtitles on the Kieslowski trilogy optional?

2. Pascal A

Pascal A Second Unit

I just received my Three Colors set this afternoon, and yes, the language is in Polish after Karol returns home. Also, the subtitles are indeed removable (black outlined white) - I just played with them. [​IMG] Great looking disks!
    ------------------
    Strictly Film School

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

You guys suck! [​IMG] (I can't presently afford an all-region player and yet I want these movies on dvd so bad!) Woe is me... [​IMG]

4. Pascal A

Pascal A Second Unit

The highlight of the White DVD for me was Julie Delpy's interview where she explains the meaning of the sign language at the end:
    Spoiler:
    It went something to the effect of, "When I'm free, let's go away together. Or if we stay here [in Poland], let's get married all over again."
    I knew that it was some declaration of love but didn't quite get the whole gist of it. [​IMG]

------------------
    Strictly Film School

5. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Pascal, are they anamorphic? I was getting ready to order the set but could not get positive info whether or not they are 16:9 enhanced.

6. Pascal A

Pascal A Second Unit

7. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Ouch! Thanks anyway. I get my R2 DVDs from Bensons World. Know of a better alternative? If the price difference is not that great, I'd stick with BW. They are very considerate, you know.