Art or photographs on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Corey Holter, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Corey Holter

Corey Holter Agent

I recently purchased a plasma television that is now hanging on the wall.

I am interested in a DVD that shows a "slide show" of stills of art or photographs, preferably accompanied by music. This would be played when I have a party and want to "show off" the system without playing a movie.

Anybody know of any such DVD? Thanks.

2. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

Corey- I don't know of any DVDs that show art or photographs (perhaps copyright concerns?), but there are some that show a variety of scenic views (deserts, oceans, etc). Naxos has a series of "Naxos Musical Journeys" set to classical music which feature scenes from the composer's native country. This may or may not be the kind of thing that you're looking for.

I also have a question similar to yours. It seems I remember a laser disc that featured works collected in the Louvre art museum in Paris. I didn't have a laser disc player so obviously I never purchased the LD, but I was wondering if it might be available on DVD. It would really be nice to have a DVD featuring numerous works of art, particularly if it provided any information about the artist, etc. Multi-angle views might also be worthwhile, especially for sculptures. Does anybody know if such a DVD is available?

Good question, Corey.

Steve K.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I don't have knowledge of such a thing.
    A couple of alternative suggestions,though:
    [​IMG]
    Find more like it here.
    And this one:
    [​IMG]
    Find more like it here.
    Both of the ones I pictured are 5.1 and anamorphic (the version of the Aquarium I own is also pan-and-scan-on-the-fly!).
    Good luck,

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

On "Fried Green Tomatoes" they have a poster gallery of every concept poster and every released poster. I think it had music. Must have been 100 posters.
    This is not "ART", but it is movie art [​IMG].

5. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

Why not buy a painting and a CD?

6. Corey Holter

Corey Holter Agent

No money left after plasma purchase...

Seriously though, I think there is a market for artwork / nature shots / etc. on DVD. I've searched around on different sites and don't find very much out there beyond the fishtank and fireplace.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Try here for more ideas from the fireplace/aqarium people. Still no art, though. [​IMG]

8. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

9. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

Duh! :b How about just popping in Fantasia 2000? Great imagery, beautiful picture and ideal sound--a reference-quality disc in anamorphic 1.85:1. The whales with Respighi's "Pines of the Appian Way" would be swell on the wall.

10. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

11. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Or, if you're Bill Gates, you can buy electronic rights to Monet, Rembrandt, Picasso, etc. Then have a number of plasma screens scattered throughout your $60M house and have the images change automatically to suit guests' tastes as they enter the room. [​IMG]