art 351 or symetrix 551 eq?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis_Edwards, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

Can someone please let me know which one is a better buy? The art 351 is the recommended choice for the SVS CS-ULTRA and the symetrix 551 is going to be the choice for the SS-Ultra subwoofer when it becomes available.
    Ron/Tom or anyone else is... please provide some feedback on which one is better and why?
    Thanks.

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

the 551 is a much better EQ.
    It's about double the price though. We offer the 351 as a fairly cost effective means to tame some room peaks and add a user adjustable subsonic filter.
    The 551(and rane PE17) are both a large step up in build quality and user adjustable parameters.
    TV

3. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

Man, I've been waiting 30+ days for my ART 351 to arrive here in the U.K. to use with my dual 20-39CS and know I'm told the symetrix 551 is MUCH better!!! Why do I always jump in just before they decide to upgrade, just like the Ultra's!!
    Craig

4. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Tom. I know which one to get now when I order my Ultra. Do you guys have prices for the Symetrix 551 or the Rane EQ yet?
    Thanks.

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Craig,
    Trust me, dollar for dollar the ART 351 is the eq that best fits the CS line. I just hope yours shows up soon! I use one myself BTW.
    The Symetrix IS a nicer Eq, but as noted it's gonna cost roughly twice the price (they are en route to us and will be available ala carte, we haven't hashed out just what they'll be posted at cost-wise).
    Ron