1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ART 351 and SVS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

After reading a couple of reviews on SVSubwoofers and around here, I looked around and finally picked up an ART 351 equalizer on Ebay for about $85. The room that I have my HT in now has introduced some nasty peaks into my 20-39CS setup.
    Are there some good default settings to work with before I start tweaking my peaks? Especially the high/low pass filters. Any tips would be helpful.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

1)dont worry about the LP filter...it wont affect the range of the input signal into the EQ(assuming you're patching the subwoofer preout of a receiver into the EQ
    2)set the HP to an *eyeballed* 20hz to start.
    3)set the gain to the level that seems to keep the volume of the subwoofer the same when you hit bypass(usually about 75%).
    4)set the 6/12dB switch to 12.
    5)if you already know wehre the peaks are...try moving the slider(s) nearest that freq down a little at a time as your recheck the response.
    that should get you started.
    TV