What's new

Arsenic And Old Lace:CC on laserdisc... (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I don't know a thing about laserdiscs, so I'm not sure if this disc is rare or not. Would it be a decent...um..."investment" if it was under $10?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Get the DVD, it's great!

It's pretty much bare-bones, but the video is excellent. The audio is a very good mono. I highly doubt the Criterion DVD can be any better than WB's DVD. (The CC version, like the DVD, has no extras.)

Plus, you can get the current DVD cheap.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Oh, I fully expect to purchase the DVD at some point. I was just curious about the resale value of the laserdisc; I don't own a laserdisc player, but I thought the disc itself might be worth more than the asking price if it was something of a rarity.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Criterion's laser disc was a movie only version.
It may be worth something to someone who wants
all of the Criterion laser disc?, but the DVD would
have a better picture.
See the reviews at www.dvdlaser.com

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The disc is not a rarity. EBay has copies of it all the time, and they don't generally go for more than $10-15 each. I personally do not like the film due to Cary Grant's WAY silly mugging, but for someone who likes the film, the laser is probably fine.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I've owned the Criterion LD and now the non-Criterion dvd. Get the dvd; forget the LD as an investment. A great many Criterion LDs still fetch excellent prices, including many single disc, featureless titles, but this isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks