What's new

AR's new "Home Decor" series: no more WAF problems? (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Looks like AR got together with the people at Pier 1!

Home Decor Series

This is a good idea IMO and for more casual HT hobbyists (or for a secondary system) could help sell a theater system to a more fashion-conscious significant other.

They've got three pages of furniture-like "disguises" for the satellites and the subwoofer. There's even two sets of "books" available. And the sats have a treble frequency compensation circuit built into them, accessed via a rear-mounted switch: this boosts the highs a bit when one of the disguises is used (similar to speakers used behind a projection screen).

Sats use a 3.5" midwoofer/1" silk dome tweeter and the sub uses a 10" driver.

An unrelated nitpick: why doesn't Audiovox set up a dedicated webpage for AR? That all-encompassing and bland corporate one isn't really fitting for that brand IMO, a brand going all the way back to the mid 1950s.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
John: I noticed that when looking for Audiovox's site for these, that there were already reviews for them. I was reading S&V at the store last night and that's the first time I ever saw an ad for them. Maybe they weren't selling well enough with no advertising :rolleyes:so they thought they had better get on the ball!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digital Dan