Press Release Arrow Video Press Release: Tremors (4k UHD)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Diabolikdvd charges when the order is placed. For a pre-order that sucks. They also must be a small, perhaps family owned and operated sight. The site goes on vacation from 11/2-11/9.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Maybe Arrow will offer a non-LE edition, such as they did with Flash Gordon and Pitch Black. I will not spend over $20 for a UHD disc release, so the only reason those two titles are on my shelf is because they were offered in both standard and limited editions.
Perhaps, it's a December 15th release date so I've got time to make an informed purchasing decision.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I don't mind paying more for the occasional 4K title if it's a film that I love, and Tremors meets that criteria. Plus, I try to support smaller labels like Arrow as much as I possibly can. I'm not going to drop $40 on a disc release all of the time, but once in a while I will. Really looking forward to this.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
But only for UK addresses (maybe EU), not for international orders?
They used to offer one British Pound shipping. But now according to the FAQs it's based on " the weight of your order, plus the delivery method you have selected and the Zone to which the delivery is being sent. There are four postal zones: UK (and the Channel Islands), EU, Rest of Europe, Rest of World. "

David Norman

Premium
Think that may be right. My first order was in last 2017 from Arrow directly and the shipping was weight based then to the US, but I think that must have been new since there appeared to be complaining about the new high charges. I do know shipping for 2-3 items in 2017-2018 was £2-3, but it bumped to 7.50 at the 3rd/4th item (or a boxset) which I know irritated a lot of folks. When they updated their warehouse mid 2019, those cheaper rates went away entirely and even single was suddenly £5-7

I remember £0.99 shipping from Zavvi for a long time, then starting a couple years ago it went pretty rapidly 1.49, 1.99, 3.99 and now 9.99 and US sales tax added last year.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Think that may be right. My first order was in last 2017 from Arrow directly and the shipping was weight based then to the US, but I think that must have been new since there appeared to be complaining about the new high charges. I do know shipping for 2-3 items in 2017-2018 was £2-3, but it bumped to 7.50 at the 3rd/4th item (or a boxset) which I know irritated a lot of folks. When they updated their warehouse mid 2019, those cheaper rates went away entirely and even single was suddenly £5-7

I remember £0.99 shipping from Zavvi for a long time, then starting a couple years ago it went pretty rapidly 1.49, 1.99, 3.99 and now 9.99 and US sales tax added last year.
I checked both orders I placed in 2018 and mea culpa the postage was £7.50 for each order. One order had eight items and the other had five items. With the conversion it was still cheaper with the postage than buying at 50% off in the US (eg through a Barnes & Noble sale) I had purchased some titles not available in the US as well as some dual US/UK releases.

David Norman

Premium
I've done B&N 50% off (as well as other retailers) since there are some US exclusives and it was nice to be able to pick them up and carry them home or at least ship a couple items at a time. Sometimes I just didn't feel like waiting and hoping ArrowUK might put that particular item on sale (or worried it would sell out), but when ArrowUK has £7.50-10 prices vs US $20 that covers a lot of shipping costs esp if you save up 20 items at once

Looking back at some old threads I find that Arrow offered free shipping with £50+ at some point, but that predates my first orders. I can see some threads in 2014-2015 that mention FS, and it appears sometime in mid-late 2017 they stopped

Last edited:
Reactions: B-ROLL

JoshZ

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
They're releasing Dune? Haven't heard about that one, though it makes sense to tie in with the new movie - assuming it doesn't get pushed back.
There hasn't been an official announcement yet, AFAIK.
Arrow hasn't officially announced Dune yet, but they included a postcard with artwork from the film in with some other recent releases, which is their typical method of hinting at titles in the works. Also, Ballyhoo Motion Pictures recently tweeted this:

That's artwork from one of the matte paintings in the film.

The expectation is a 2021 disc release.

Reactions: dpippel

DVBRD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Arrow hasn't officially announced Dune yet, but they included a postcard with artwork from the film in with some other recent releases, which is their typical method of hinting at titles in the works. Also, Ballyhoo Motion Pictures recently tweeted this:

That's artwork from one of the matte paintings in the film.

The expectation is a 2021 disc release.
As if it wasn't enough, Ballyhoo's Twitter avatar has a picture of Sting from the movie.

I wish Arrow all the luck if a "Dune" special edition comes to pass. Good luck getting David Lynch to participate, though.

Reactions: dpippel

JoshZ

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I wish Arrow all the luck if a "Dune" special edition comes to pass. Good luck getting David Lynch to participate, though.
I think everyone involved knows better than to even ask him at this point. He doesn't acknowledge it as his own movie. The chapter on Dune in his authorized biography/semi-autobiography is very thin and mostly recycled from info he gave in old interviews years ago.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybernz