Press Release Arrow Video Press Release: Tremors (4k UHD)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
120113436_3666822226685078_3011150784968578911_o.jpg

tremors_4k_contentsfull.jpg
(Click on photo for larger image)

Bursting with indelible characters, quotable dialogue and jaw-dropping special effects, Tremors is back and bigger than ever in this 4K-restored and fully loaded collectors’ edition.

December 15, 2020

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

JoshZ

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Pitch Black, The Sheltering Sky, Dune, and now Tremors... Somebody at Arrow Video is on a desert movie kick. :)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Pitch Black, The Sheltering Sky, Dune, and now Tremors... Somebody at Arrow Video is on a desert movie kick. :)
They're releasing Dune? Haven't heard about that one, though it makes sense to tie in with the new movie - assuming it doesn't get pushed back.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
They're releasing Dune? Haven't heard about that one, though it makes sense to tie in with the new movie - assuming it doesn't get pushed back.
There hasn't been an official announcement yet, AFAIK.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I love this movie! I wonder about the MSRP?
£30 on their website, about $38 at current rates.

Also, as noted in the scary movie thread, the next chapter in this franchise, Tremors: Shrieker Island, comes out in October from Universal.

David Norman

Premium
Interesting that Arrow is releasing a big cash cow title/franchise instead of Universal themselves.
If so, the perhaps the assumption of the profitability may be incorrect OR Arrow has developed such a reputation that the profit with the ARROW brand is a lot higher than if Universal themselves listed it even after sharing $$ with ARROW.

Reactions: B-ROLL

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If so, the perhaps the assumption of the profitability may be incorrect OR Arrow has developed such a reputation that the profit with the ARROW brand is a lot higher than if Universal themselves listed it even after sharing $$ with ARROW.
Yeah, the money to be made isn't catching Universal's attention but it still turns enough of a profit for it to work for Arrow.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

titch

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
That's the fifth 4K UHD Arrow are releasing this year (Flash Gordon, Pitch Black, Cinema Paradiso, Crash). I've gone on in other threads about how Criterion is refusing to release 4K discs. Hopefully, Arrow will do really well with these and spur Criterion to take the plunge. The extra cost of authoring and manufacturing 4K discs will come down, if more companies release them.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I do not like paying $38 for one movie. However, I had to read down into the list quite a ways before I found an extra that wasn’t new. I.E. 2 new commentaries and a bunch of other stuff. And this is a favorite film. I’ll probably bite the bullet and buy this one. And I like the garish cover art. It fits the movie, it looks 1950’ish to me.

Does Arrow charge when they ship?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I love this movie! I wonder about the MSRP?
Wow, Amazon has the MSRP for the 4K LE at $60 and the BD LE at $50. I love this movie, but I will have to explore other purchasing options elsewhere as I refuse to spend that much for the 4K release. Yeah, I know it will be discounted down from $60, but it will still be really expensive.

Reactions: Yeoman007

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Wow, Amazon has the MSRP for the 4K LE at $60 and the BD LE at $50. I love this movie, but I will have to explore other purchasing options elsewhere as I refuse to spend that much for the 4K release. Yeah, I know it will be discounted down from $60, but it will still be really expensive.
I believe this the is the equivalent of the box-o-junk releases that the Majors sometimes but out. Arrow ususally puts out a "naked" version with just the movie disc and whatever features are on it. It usually is released at the same time at a lower price. It may be released that way after the b-o-j release has sold out.

I do not like paying $38 for one movie. However, I had to read down into the list quite a ways before I found an extra that wasn’t new. I.E. 2 new commentaries and a bunch of other stuff. And this is a favorite film. I’ll probably bite the bullet and buy this one. And I like the garish cover art. It fits the movie, it looks 1950’ish to me.

Does Arrow charge when they ship?
For the UK site, shipping is one British Pound for the complete order (If you sign up for their emails, they will give you a one British Pound credit. They don't refund the Value Added Tax.

AmazonUK does credit the VAT tax back but has a different shipping fee structure. A US Prime account does NOT get free shipping but your US account info can be carried over ....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Man, I have a serious decision to make in regard to this upcoming 4K/UHD release. That's a lot of money for each of those releases, BD & 4K/UHD. Yeah, I know they're Limited Editions with a wealth of bonus material and perhaps some junk too. Right now, I'm looking at my 2010 BD as it's been sitting on my office desk for more than a few months as it was pointed out to me that there is a product quality issue with that BD that I never noticed beforehand. This weekend, I'm going to try to watch it on my 65" OLED to see if that helps my decision-making process.:)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Man, I have a serious decision to make in regard to this upcoming 4K/UHD release. That's a lot of money for each of those releases, BD & 4K/UHD. Yeah, I know they're Limited Editions with a wealth of bonus material and perhaps some junk too. Right now, I'm looking at my 2010 BD as it's been sitting on my office desk for more than a few months as it was pointed out to me that there is a product quality issue with that BD that I never noticed beforehand. This weekend, I'm going to try to watch it on my 65" OLED to see if that helps my decision-making process.:)
Maybe Arrow will offer a non-LE edition, such as they did with Flash Gordon and Pitch Black. I will not spend over $20 for a UHD disc release, so the only reason those two titles are on my shelf is because they were offered in both standard and limited editions.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco