What's new

Arrow (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The only reason to bring Roy Harper back in the present day storyline this week was to contrive a situation where Oliver would be forced to frame Emiko, which in turn would justify her lumping him in with their father. The faux-true crime format was tiresome.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What's also tiresome is all the characters being untruthful with one another, which seems to be a prerequisite for all the CW/DC shows. Also, the romantic entanglements with the required arguments and time apart are tiresome.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Only one episode to go and the last with Felicity until perhaps the finale. I don't know what they can do to redeem this season from being the worst ever. Other than the crossover which wasn't that great, I can't think of one episode this season that I would care to rewatch. I will stick with Arrow through the last 11 episodes (including the season finale next week) but this season has made losing this show less sad. "Crisis On Infinite Earths " can't get here soon enough. I believe Crisis will be referenced on the season finale as I think the Monitor will appear on the May 13th episode. Might just be a silent appearance or maybe he sings "Something's Coming" from "West Side Story ."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Perhaps I missed something along the way, but I don't really understand the whole flash forward timeline and what the threat is there. Is it that the Archer AI somehow got out of control?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another thing I've noticed: There is barely anyone over age 35 on any of these CW shows. You can count them on one hand: Joe West, President Baker, Mick Rory, Jeff Pierce.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what they can do to redeem this season from being the worst ever.
For me, last season is still the worst, because they made all of the characters (other than Oliver) so unlikable for that run of episodes. At least this season the heroes are on the same page.

But the show is definitely a long way from its heights around seasons two and three.

Perhaps I missed something along the way, but I don't really understand the whole flash forward timeline and what the threat is there. Is it that the Archer AI somehow got out of control?
The Archer technology was seized by the evil corporation Galaxy One, and they're planning to use it to take over the world. Star City is their trial run.

Another thing I've noticed: There is barely anyone over age 35 on any of these CW shows. You can count them on one hand: Joe West, President Baker, Mick Rory, Jeff Pierce.
That's the brand, baby. Its target audience is females 18-34. That's the demo it shoots for, and that's the demo its advertisers pay for. A major reason why there is is so much romantic drama on these superhero shows.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Interesting finale. No spoilers as it hasn't aired everywhere as of this writing. Makes me wonder if the Crisis will be the "main villain" for the last 10 episodes of Arrow. Given the finale I don't see how it can be anything else. I am actually happy about that, if true, as I have wished the Crisis would be more than just a three or four episode cross over.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the plan was always to write out Stephen Amell as part of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event. But originally the show was supposed to continue. I'm still thinking the original plan was for Emiko to take over as the main character, and then for whatever reason they abandoned that plan, leaned harder into her being evil, and then killed her off.

I'm actually excited about next season, though, because I like the idea of Oliver unshackled from Felicity and Team Arrow.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They way they have set things up, it doesn't appear as if Oliver will interact with anyone from team Arrow next season except perhaps in the Crossover itself. So they will ether have separate stories set in the present one with Oliver and one with the team lead by Diggle or they will just not show Team Arrow in the present . They are also continuing with the flash forwards which will only be the young people. I think Season 7 was actually the series finale for Arrow as a stand alone series and next year will be all setup for the Crisis. I believe the Monitor will also appear on the season finales of The Flash and Supergirl so we will get a better idea of what will happen with the Crisis set up after they air. The ending of Arrow Season 8 will be Felicity from the future entering the Paradise Universe where Oliver has been. She will be made young again . This will be Oliver's reward for saving the Universe. This will be the equivalent of what happened to Earth 2 Superman and Lois at the end of the comic book Crisis.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I think they did a good job of removing Felicity from the present and the future without killing her. Most surprised that they also removed Oliver from the present. Is Oliver going to spend the last season jumping to alternate Earths? As he jumps to different Earths he fails to save them and they are destroyed? Could be a way for the supporting players to interact with Oliver playing alternate Earth versions of themselves. That of course is more a Flash show and not Arrow. I supposed Felicity would have to be missing or dead on all these alternate Earths to explain why she isn't there. What would really be odd is if Oliver is missing from most of the last 10 episodes because he is off with the Monitor.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The ending, even before the Monitor, jumped ahead at least a year (Felicity carries and gives brith to the baby, who grows into at least a 6-month old). Will Flash make similar time jump? Will the Crisis take place in the future? (Isn't it odd that Flash and Arrow both had seasons that took place, in part, in the future?)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
At the pre upfronts today concerning Felicity, the CW said if Beth Schwartz can come up with a way to include her in the series finale and if Emily is available they would love to have her but otherwise they are happy how the show wrapped up her story in the season finale.

I am now less optimistic that she will return other than perhaps repeating and continuing the scene where she enters the portal to join Oliver and showing Oliver on the other side with a body double for Felicity or perhaps they have already filmed this with Emily.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The synopsis for Season 8 as revealed at the up fronts says nothing new.

Oliver, “in the wake of discovering what his future holds, will find himself pit against his most challenging battle yet, one that will leave the multiverse hanging in the balance,” “In Arrow’s final season, Oliver Queen is forced to confront the reality of what it means to be a hero.”

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From TVline Crisis is going to start in December and end in January. 5 parts . Three in December Two in January. I guess Arrow wont end until January . The end of Crisis will probably also be Arrow's series finale. With binge watching becoming the norm I can't imagine many will be happy having to wait a month to a month and a half for the conclusion. The best, in my opinion , crossover, Crisis On Earth X, ran for 2 hours a night for two nights, and that was perfect.

Per TVLine:

The Legends of Tomorrow might not return with Season 5 until the year 2020, but they will be a part of the Arrowverse’s next crossover.

The CW president Mark Pedowitz announced on Thursday at the network’s Upfront presentation that the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” team-up event will be told in five parts over two quarters — meaning, it will start in December and then conclude early in the new year, following the midseason break.

TVLine has since confirmed with sources that the five shows taking part in the crossover will be Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman (which premieres this fall) and Legends. Three of the five parts will air in December, and the other two — including an episode of Legends, which this year premieres at midseason — will follow in early 2020. (It is unclear at this time what the second show airing its crossover episode in the new year will be.)

Arrow and The Flash with their season finales this past week each planted massive Easter eggs related to the crossover. The Monitor from the “Elseworlds” crossover showed up on Arrow to collect on the deal he made with Oliver, pulling him away from wife/new mom Felicity for a mysterious mission. The Flash’s finale-ending tag, meanwhile, showed that the ominous “crisis” in which Barry is destined to vanish has been moved up from 2024 to 2019, due to a time flux.

And the teases aren’t done coming. Sources tell TVLine that Supergirl’s own season finale, airing this Sunday at 8/7c, will drop its own clue about the crossover, and it’s one viewers won’t want to miss. (What do you it will be??)

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be “the biggest and most complicated [crossover yet],” The CW’s Pedowitz previously avowed. “I can’t tell you if it’ll follow the comic book version, but it’ll take some big swings.”

“It is ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths,’” he added, “and if you know the history, things collapse.”

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Looks like no Felicity appearance at all in Season 8. Not even on the Grand Finale.

Per TVline:

Will Emily Bett Rickards Return for Arrow Series Finale? 'I Feel Like Felicity Has Done Her Time'

emily-bett-rickards-final-arrow-episode.png

Emily Bett Rickards seems bearish on making even one encore as Felicity during Arrow‘s eighth and final, 10-episode season.

In the CW drama’s Season 7 finale, the Monitor showed up in Oliver and Felicity’s near-future to collect on the deal he and Oliver made during the “Elseworlds” crossover. The multiverse required that Oliver assist the Monitor in preventing the inevitable, saving countless lives in the process. Decades later, after visiting Oliver’s grave site with adult Mia and William, Felicity met up with the Monitor to be taken… somewhere.

“Where I’m taking you, there is no return,” he made clear.

“I’ve been waiting a very long time to see him,” Felicity answered. “I’m ready.”

The epilogue seemed to bring solid closure to the “Olicity” saga, but some fans surely have been counting on Rickards returning for the series’ grand finale. Asked about such a possibility in an interview with Collider.com (where she was promoting Funny Story, a 2018 Slamdance Film Festival runner-up that is now in limited release), Rickards didn’t leave much wiggle room.

“I feel like Felicity has done her time,” she said. “I don’t know if anybody is going to like what I’m saying, but I feel like Felicity has done her time. We knew this was coming for a while – for over a year – so the whole thing is exactly what we wanted to happen. I trust the writers, and that’s in their hands.”

CW president Mark Pedowitz seemed to be of the same mind when asked during Upfronts about EBR possible returning. “Emily was terrific on the show and we believe [showrunner] Beth Schwartz did a great job wrapping up Felicity’s storyline [in the Season 7 finale],” he said. “If Beth can find a way to bring her back that makes sense, and Emily is available, we’d love to have her. Otherwise, I’m pleased by how they said goodbye to the character.”

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Arrowverse panel from London 5/26/2019. Stephen Amell mentioned that Crisis on Infinite Earth begins before the crossover. In fact he says it began at the end of Season 7 of Arrow.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The CW has released the premiere dates for its fall 2019 series. Arrow is not starting until October 15, a week later than the other Arrowverse shows to allow for a second repeat of the series premiere of Batwoman in the Arrow timeslot. Batwoman pilot is being broadcast 3 days in a row, also delaying Black Lightning. With that in mind I am now guessing Arrow will only broadcast 8 instead of 9 episodes in the fall allowing for two Arrow episodes in January with a final episode after the crossover.

SUNDAY, OCT. 6
8 pm BATWOMAN (series premiere)
9 pm Supergirl (season premiere)

MONDAY, OCT. 7
8 pm All American (season premiere)
9 pm BATWOMAN (premiere encore)

TUESDAY, OCT. 8
8 pm The Flash (season premiere)
9 pm BATWOMAN (premiere encore)

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 9
8 pm Riverdale (season premiere)
9 pm NANCY DREW (series premiere)

THURSDAY, OCT. 10
8 pm Supernatural (season premiere)
9 pm Legacies (season premiere)

FRIDAY, OCT. 11
8 pm Charmed (season premiere)
9 pm Dynasty (season premiere)

MONDAY, OCT. 14
8 pm All American (new episode)
9 pm NANCY DREW (premiere encore)

TUESDAY, OCT. 15
8 pm The Flash (new episode)
9 pm Arrow (season premiere)

MONDAY, OCT. 21
8 pm All American (new episode)
9 pm Black Lightning (season premiere)

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Episode title for Season 8 episode 1 has been revealed. "Starling City". Speculate what does this mean. Is Oliver time traveling with Monitor back to before the name change? Maybe his parents will still be alive. Maybe a time before Felicity went to work for Queen Technology since she is no longer on the show. Perhaps an alternate Earth where the city's name wasn't changed.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I guess it is time to travel to alternate Earths. From TVline:

Arrow is getting a visit from a friend and a foe during the show’s swan song: Colin Donnell (aka Tommy Merlyn) and Josh Segarra (aka Adrian Chase/Big Bad Prometheus) will guest-star in Season 8, EW.com reports.

“Adrian Chase comes back in a different way than expected,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells the site, while executive producer Marc Guggenheim warns that Donnell is “not coming back as the Tommy we know.”

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
More hints about Season 8 from this week's EW

The final season finds Oliver working for the all-seeing extra-terrestrial the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) and trying to save the entire multiverse from a cataclysmic event. “[We’re] taking the show on the road, really getting away from Star City. Oliver is going to be traveling the world, and we’re going to go to a lot of different places,” says Guggenheim. “Every time I see Oliver and the Monitor, it’s like, ‘Okay, we are very far from where we started.’ But again, that means the show has grown and evolved.” Adds Schwartz, “This is sort of his final test because it’s greater than Star City.” Along the way, he will head down memory lane, with actor Colin Donnell, who played Oliver’s best friend Tommy Merlyn in season 1, and Segarra’s Adrian Chase making appearances. “Episode 1 is an ode to season 1, and episode 2 is an ode to season 3,” teases Amell. “We’re playing our greatest hits.”

But season 8 is not just about building toward a satisfying series finale. “Everything relates to what’s going to happen in our crossover episode, which we’ve never done before,” says Schwartz. Spanning five hours and airing this winter, “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be the biggest crossover yet and may see Oliver perish trying to save the multiverse from destruction, if the Monitor’s prophecy is to be believed. “Oliver [is told] he’s going to die, so each episode in the run-up to ‘Crisis’ has Oliver dealing with the various stages of grief that come with that discovery,” says Guggenheim. “So the theme really is coming to terms, acceptance.”

If there’s one person who has made his peace with Oliver’s fate, it’s Amell. “Because he’s a superhero with no superpowers, I always felt he should die — but he may also not die,” says Amell, who actually found out what the show’s final scene would be at EW’s cover shoot. “I cried as [Marc Guggenheim] was telling me. There are a lot of hurdles to get over to make that final scene.” Get this man some more Guinness!

Arrow premieres Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 9 p.m. on The CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks