What's new

Arrow (Season 3) (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I know we are still quite some time away from season 3 starting, but with ComicCon, comes series trailers…and this one’s a doozy. They reveal the “Big Bad” of season 3, and I’m pretty stoked about it.

I wonder if we will see Barry Allen at all this season?

Here’s the link to the trailer

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
arrow-S03.jpg
The CW's synopsis of the first episode:
OLIVER SEARCHES FOR AN IDENTITY BEYOND THE ARROW — With crime in Starling City at an all-time low thanks to the Arrow (Stephen Amell) and his team, Oliver thinks he can finally balance being both the Arrow and Oliver Queen and asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) out on a date. However, when a new villain (guest star Peter Stormare) emerges, who has claimed the name Vertigo from the recently deceased Count, Oliver is caught off-guard and someone close to him is hurt. Oliver and a newly suited up Roy (Colton Haynes) take on the Count. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) becomes a father, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is promoted to Captain, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) joins Arrow’s inner circle and Felicity gets a part-time job at a tech store to make ends meet. Also, Oliver fights to regain his company, Queen Consolidated, but comes up against a very worthy opponent – the charming Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh). Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn (#301). Original airdate 10/8/2014.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I really like this poster, honestly. It's foreboding and reminds us what Ollie has sacrificed to do what he needs to do in Starling.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"Glad to see him mention that Caity Lotz will be around for at least a handful of episodes.":) :) :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Whoa.
I guess the rest of Caity Lotz' episodes will be flashbacks.
Dammit.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
They just seem determined to wallow in misery on this show. I like the series but enough is enough. You don't have to constantly put your characters through hell. No wonder "Flash" seemed like such a breath of fresh air.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
They started once again with that business with Oliver taking the blame for his and everyone else's misery, and I just rolled my eyes. These people are adults and can and will make their own decisions. No reason on earth for any intelligent person to constantly think that everything that goes wrong is always his fault.

That ending took me completely by surprise! Malcolm Merlyn? Thea? Raul (or however you spell the name of the man Liam Neeson played in Batman Begins)?

Glad to see that Roy has been a proficient student. He wasn't used much, but what he did was very effective. Brandon Routh should be a fun addition and maybe lighten the mood just a bit.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam Favate said:
Whoa.
I guess the rest of Caity Lotz' episodes will be flashbacks.
Dammit.
:( But thanks for the information Sam.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sort of an underwhelming premiere episode in some ways. I had to roll my eyes at Lance coming alone with no backup in his physical condition. I guess it is expected in the genre though. Didn't really care for Roy's acrobatics in some of the scenes as they just weren't necessary for the tasks at hand - especially the twirling dismount before taking down the truck in the opening scene. Just completely not required. Oh well. Didn't really care for the drugged darts. I'm supposed to believe that a 61 year old man can hit the Arrow with a hand thrown dart? Seemed preposterous. I hope that the bomb squad came along - because if Roy stopped spraying the freon on the bomb wouldn't the timer thaw and then continue and detonate the explosives?

I enjoyed Diggle as a new dad and Brandon Routh's time on screen in the episode. Have to agree with Matt that he (Routh) should lighten the tone of the series a little bit in his scenes.

The final scene really caught me by surprise, although these days I suppose I should not be surprised as it seems like the final scene is employed increasingly for these types of moments. Kind of sucks, but what can you do?

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was half-asleep when I watched this last night, so I might be reading this wrong, but it sure seemed like they brought Sara Lance back for the sole purpose of killing her off. It would have been far better to keep her off-screen the League of Assassins until the story and Caity Lotz's availability allowed for a more fitting final send-off.It doesn't help that neither the Laurel character nor Katie Cassidy's performance in the role appeal to me at all. It always just seemed like she was slotted in at the beginning as a factory-made love interest for the main character. Contrast that with Felicity and Sara, who both developed far more organically as characters. Basically, if they had to kill off one character, I'd rather it have been Laurel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks