What's new

Arrow (season 2) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Lenhardt said:
I wonder which secret Thea will learn first: that Malcolm Merlyn is her father, or that Oliver is the man behind the mask. I really hope they don't kill her off, because giving a superhero a sibling is one of the more interesting innovations of this series.
Haven't seen the new ep yet, but I really like Thea and Roy, too. She's come a long way since the early going of S1, mostly because her role is more defined. Thea keeps Roy on the proverbial straight and narrow (as much as he is on the straight and narrow). She cares about him and she's the reason he turned his life around. That being said, if they're looking to take Roy into a completely different direction-and devastate Ollie at the same time-Thea has to die. One simple act would destroy both men and give the entire city run and hide.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Roy was completely wasted this week in what amounted to a cameo appearance. Thea is now acting more the big sister than the baby sister. Too big a change from season one so quickly, but at least she's not the pill she was a year ago.

Oliver going to that dinner was monumentally ridiculous, but I did truly enjoy his confrontation with Laurel. She has been and is my least favorite character even with her turn-around this week.

I did have to smile a bit when Felicity was thinking she made one too many people in the Arrow cave with the underutilized and undervalued Diggle standing right beside her. With Sara there now, I'm not quite sure why they need him (though I would hate to see him go; they need to find him something really worthwhile to do).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
Haven't seen the new ep yet, but I really like Thea and Roy, too. She's come a long way since the early going of S1, mostly because her role is more defined. Thea keeps Roy on the proverbial straight and narrow (as much as he is on the straight and narrow). She cares about him and she's the reason he turned his life around. That being said, if they're looking to take Roy into a completely different direction-and devastate Ollie at the same time-Thea has to die. One simple act would destroy both men and give the entire city run and hide.
I don't see a way that both Roy and Thea survive the entire series. But if one has to go, I'm rooting for it to be Roy.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another great episode. I don't remember: Does Det. Lance know Sara is Black Canary? He does, right? And he hasn't put together Oliver = Arrow? Some detective.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Lenhardt said:
I don't see a way that both Roy and Thea survive the entire series. But if one has to go, I'm rooting for it to be Roy.
From a story standpoint, I think Thea dying would have more dramatic storylines: Moira, Ollie, Roy. Roy dying would affect Thea and Ollie, but that's really it. I've always liked Roy, especially as a protoge for Ollie.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam Favate said:
Another great episode. I don't remember: Does Det. Lance know Sara is Black Canary? He does, right? And he hasn't put together Oliver = Arrow? Some detective.
Sam,Yes (Detective lance and Black Canary). I asked that same question last night while watching the episode.

I loved last night's episode. I thought it was first-rate. I loved the inevitable confrontation between Oliver and Laurel. I thought she badly needed to hear that. And later when we see her attending the AA meeting, I felt very good about her path.The last minute of the episode was fabulous. Slade's voice is so distinct that I (and most everyone else, I would think) knew who it was before he appeared on camera. But it was still nicely done.I'm pleased too that Felicity got her scar. ;) Seriously, I knew nothing about this episode going in except that Clock King was going to be in it. So I was fairly certain that Felicity -- for all of her technical prowess and computer skills -- would be out of her league for at least part of the episode, which she was. And her eventual resolution (payback) was, shall we say, a bit unorthodox!

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Clock King rocked this episode.
Couple of tib-bits: Poster on side of bus was for a BLUE DEVIL movie and MacGreggors
Syndrom was mention which is the illness that Alfred had in the B&R movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
ponset said:
Clock King rocked this episode.
Couple of tib-bits: Poster on side of bus was for a BLUE DEVIL movie and MacGreggors
Syndrom was mention which is the illness that Alfred had in the B&R movie.
A reference to 1997's Batman & Robin in this show? Had to be a coincidence.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Headshot of the Flash costume for the spin-off series:
theflash_cw_costume.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I thought of something tonight while watching this week's episode. With Greg Berlanti co-creating Arrow and now doing Flash for the CW, is there a possibility DC is grooming him to take on a role like Joss Whedon for Marvel? Christopher Nolan served as godfather on Man of Steel, but I haven't heard he's doing anything with the new movie. Berlanti has a success in Arrow and has the faith of CW, DC Comics and Warner to bring another hero to TV.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another terrific episode, with a lot of attention paid to time on the island. I really liked how Oliver's team was able to come together simply by overhearing voices on his phone. Hoping that Caity Lotz stays with the series and remains its Black Canary. I know there was talk of somehow having Laurel adopt the role, but having seen Sara in it for such a while now, I can't imagine anyone else. With all Oliver and Sara have been through together, their relationship makes sense.

Warner really should make this show the basis for their live action DC Universe. It's not going to get better than this.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
A wonderful episode for sure. There were a lot of good moments, but the best one for me was when Slade was 'introduced' to Sarah. Although Slade had the upper hand for nearly the entire episode, for that one moment he was almost in shock. And I know he's quite skilled and has the drug in him, but he still thought better of taking on those 3-1 odds at that moment.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A very strong episode. If I was disappointed, it was only because the content of the episode didn't match the hype; I kept reading words like "shocking" and "game-changer" associated with the episode, and it was neither. Rather, we watched the inevitable play out as we mostly expected--and it was as gripping and potent as one would hope.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The thing is, the farther we get with arrow, the more I look back at 'Smallville' and think: Damn, I wish that show had this level of guts with playing out a story. Yes, we take on some comic book elements, but the scripting is tighter, the characters better developed and the story far more engaging. Whoever is doing the showrunning on this really deserves a ton of credit.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Island has never been my favorite aspect of the series, at least not this season, but they have that story now in a very interesting place, and I'll look forward to that part of each episode now instead of getting irritated by it.

I did love the moment Oliver's team members began arriving (with Oliver's "cat that ate the canary" smile) and Slade realized he was outnumbered.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I still don't understand why Oliver didn't try to convince Slade that Ivo would have killed Shado no matter who he picked.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
An interesting if considerably downbeat episode. I was at least glad Oliver and Sara realized there's strength in numbers so they didn't drag out that rejection stuff for weeks and weeks.

Hated to see Shrapnel brought back just to be ended twenty minutes into the show.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Matt,Agreed on Oliver and Sarah (and Shrapnel). When Oliver finally opened up to Sarah, and said that Slade knows everything about him, my first thought was "That's okay. Slade doesn't know everything about Sarah." And she said as much a few minutes later when she said she isn't the same person now that she was on the island.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
I still don't understand why Oliver didn't try to convince Slade that Ivo would have killed Shado no matter who he picked.
After the mirakuru, Slade really wasn't in an open-to-convincing sort of mood.
Matt Hough said:
Hated to see Shrapnel brought back just to be ended twenty minutes into the show.
It served its purpose by show the stick side of this carrot/stick arrangement. Of the villains they brought back, he was the least interesting.Loved Diggle getting an episode where he's at the forefront after a long stretch of episodes where he's faded to the background a bit. Loved them digging back into the morality questions raised by vigilantism. Loved Diggle and his ex-wife realizing they have completely contradictory worldviews and then still immediately agreeing to keep up the booty calls.Liked Laurel actually contributing something useful for a change.Next week, the Black Canary meets the Huntress for the first time. Should be a good time. Now we only need Felicity to take on the Oracle call sign and a military pilot to take on the Lady Blackhawk moniker and we've got ourselves a team.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree about Diggle. He's deserved a showcase all season, and this was really his first time to shine in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks