What's new

Arrow (season 2) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, Solomon Grundy seems down for the count, but Brother Blood is quite strong. We get to see the origin of The Flash without seeing him do anything. And it looks like the Mirakuru must have really sent Slade Wilson round the bend and kept him from dying a second time, as he is back for vengeance. His "ghost" though seemed to have implied that he "died" in the fuselage. I guess that's where he gets the arrow through the eye. Of course, Oliver seemed to think that Sara died a second time as well.

What will happen to Roy with the Mirakuru in his system?

So, we have Isabel Rochev, Brother Blood, Slade Wilson, and the Hive all making trouble this season. I wonder if any of their storylines will be resolved. My guess is at least Brother Blood's, but given that they revealed Merlyn was back will anything be final?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
Well, Solomon Grundy seems down for the count, but Brother Blood is quite strong. We get to see the origin of The Flash without seeing him do anything. And it looks like the Mirakuru must have really sent Slade Wilson round the bend and kept him from dying a second time, as he is back for vengeance. His "ghost" though seemed to have implied that he "died" in the fuselage. I guess that's where he gets the arrow through the eye. Of course, Oliver seemed to think that Sara died a second time as well.

What will happen to Roy with the Mirakuru in his system?
Given the way they showed Solomon Grundy's face being artfully acid-stained, I'd bet money that he'll turn up again down the road. This show is building its rogues gallery piece by piece.

I was very surprised that they showed the Flash's origin moment at the end of this episode; I thought that would have been something they'd have wanted to save for the stand-alone pilot.

I had to laugh when they used gimmicky camera angles to hide the identity of the Big Bad, since as soon as he started talking it was obviously going to be Slade Wilson. Nobody else on the show sounds remotely close to Manu Bennett. I have to say that I love his David-Hasselhoff-as-Nick-Fury look. He's an interesting villain because it's personal, but he's smart and meticulous. He doesn't waste his time with plenty of failed attempts to take down Oliver. His plans avoid Oliver as much as possible, and his take down will be slow but meticulous. It will be interesting to see what Slade succeeds in ripping from Oliver's life and what he fails at.

Also interesting that Oliver again referred to Thea as Speedy tonight, even though Roy Harper's very much in the picture. I wouldn't be surprised if Roy's fated to meet a tragic end sooner or later with the Mirakuru in his system. Of course, it's equally possible that Thea meets the tragic end. But I kind of think Oliver's mother and sister should be off limits, because they open up a side to the character that's a new and interesting departure from the Bruce Wayne clone origin story of a billionaire only child who lost both of his parents and found himself alone.
ponset said:
My favorite GA Villian is coming to the series, The CLOCK KING.
Hope they protray him better then they did Count Vertigo.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-2-clock-king/
They've cast:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. The show is really on a roll. Slade looked absolutely bad ass behind the desk discussing his plans for Oliver. Kind of a Godfather like montage that was incredibly effective. Somewhat surprised at the final sequence with Barry; I would have thought they would have saved that for the pilot, although I suppose they will revisit it. The episode was really dense with content and I loved how they drove the narrative forward. Really looking forward to the return of this show in 2014.

- Walter.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Just a slight aside --

My son bought season one of Arrow, and we're working our way through it while we watch season two. It's really quite good.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam Favate said:
It occurs to me that only Moira has seen Malcolm this season, and he often just appears out of nowhere, and disappears again. Is she imagining him? A manifestation of her guilt?
Sam,Wow, I hadn't even considered that, although his appearing out of nowhere and then disappearing as he does has caught my attention. This has happened a couple of times during season one as well, which I'm working through now. If what you ask is true, that certainly makes some of the revelations in season two quite compelling.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I hadn't considered it either, actually. My other question would then be how he manipulated the trial if he is a ghost of some kind. This is based on a comic, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, if Moira is just seeing him, then he didn't really manipulate her trial. Perhaps she can't possibly believe they found her not guilty and has to assign responsibility to someone nefarious for jury tampering to accept it.

I also wonder if she really contacted Ras al Ghul or was just saying that to scare Malcolm away, whether or not he's a figment of her imagination. Moira's a powerful woman, but could she really get Ras on the phone?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
It occurs to me that only Moira has seen Malcolm this season, and he often just appears out of nowhere, and disappears again. Is she imagining him? A manifestation of her guilt?
That would be an interesting twist. The Ghosts episode makes you think ...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
What an excellent episode tonight. I for one believe that this show has some excellent writing. While watching the episode I was contemplating how many good and bad guys are being developed throughout the first two seasons. The Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Black Canary, China White, The Huntress, Shadow, Flash, Solomon Grundy, Vertigo, et al. are being woven into what I hope will be a wonderful tapestry as subsequent seasons are created.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The dialog still stinks, and some of the contrivances they use to put characters together at the right moment feel too scripted, but I admire the overarching storytelling and the way the show expertly weaves between two different stories with the same protagonist. Structurally, this show is on much stronger footing than "Smallville" ever was.Mainly, though, I love that it's a superhero show that's unabashedly about a superhero, with costumed heroes and villains and alter egos and gadgets.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Really good show last night; Now Oliver's going to train Roy, setting up the partnership from the comics.

This show could become a drinking game if you had to take a drink every time Laurel's apartment is broken into. Get an alarm already!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My favorite evolution on this show is Paul Blackthorne as Detective/Officer Quentin Lance. Early in the series, the character was way too broadly written and Blackthorne played it to the hilt, to the point where I was surprised there was any scenery left after he was done chewing through it.Since then, the writers have given the character more notes to play and Blackthorne has really reined in his performance. He's almost the moral center of the show now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
And I'm glad Laurel's problem has come to light so we can get beyond that.
I could almost feel sorry for Laurel during this episode, but I can't quite get there yet.

I am surprised that the Arrow team took Daily as Brother Blood so easily. I would think that Felicity at least might notice something wrong. Maybe in another episode.

Meanwhile, Slade went a bit crazy killing four of Sebastian's men. How is that going to be explained? And will that inspire him to perhaps try to work against him in some fashion?

Roy's training begins next episode. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can get control.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Lenhardt said:
My favorite evolution on this show is Paul Blackthorne as Detective/Officer Quentin Lance. Early in the series, the character was way too broadly written and Blackthorne played it to the hilt, to the point where I was surprised there was any scenery left after he was done chewing through it.Since then, the writers have given the character more notes to play and Blackthorne has really reined in his performance. He's almost the moral center of the show now.
Watching "Blast Radius," I thought the same thing. I was hoping he'd get killed or knocked off the show through a lot of season one because he came off as the stereotypical "dumb cop" in almost every episode. But then, he became a part of the team and started showing a lot more sides to his character. Now I think of him as a Commissioner Gordon kind of guy...in other words, fairly integral to the entire plot.

The only thing I wish they'd do is add an overhead light somewhere in this show (and in SHIELD). It is almost impossible to see anything that happens on the screen if you're watching the show during the day or in a lit room. Very annoying. But I also understand why there is so much darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks