Arrgghh!!! What's wrong with my Mackie???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave George, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Dave George

Dave George Stunt Coordinator

Well, I got my dual DIY tempest all hooked up, turned on my mackie m1400i, and heard....nothing. The power light comes on, but I get no signal lights for either chanel. All the switches should be in the proper position. I tried it straight from my marantz av-550 and through a paradigm x-30 xover. I've got rca's from the preamp to the mackie with 1/4" adapters on the end. I'm thinking maybe the output voltage of the home equipment isn't working with a pro amp, but I don't really know much about pro gear. Any suggestions?

2. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Dave,

short of having a defective unit, all should be fine. I run my Mackie FR1400 with dual Tempests with great success. That amp can run at 2ohms stereo all day long from a regular outlet. You should phone Mackie, most of the 1400's are still under warranty, i think.

Craig

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Yes input/output impedace/voltage shouldn't be an issue,there is something else for sure.

4. Ted Kim

Ted Kim Stunt Coordinator

try using the mackie to run your stereo speakers using the receiver as a preamp. If that doesn't work, its probably a problem with the Mackie.