1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Arrgghh!!! What's wrong with my Mackie???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave George, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Dave George

Dave George Stunt Coordinator

Well, I got my dual DIY tempest all hooked up, turned on my mackie m1400i, and heard....nothing. The power light comes on, but I get no signal lights for either chanel. All the switches should be in the proper position. I tried it straight from my marantz av-550 and through a paradigm x-30 xover. I've got rca's from the preamp to the mackie with 1/4" adapters on the end. I'm thinking maybe the output voltage of the home equipment isn't working with a pro amp, but I don't really know much about pro gear. Any suggestions?

2. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Dave,

short of having a defective unit, all should be fine. I run my Mackie FR1400 with dual Tempests with great success. That amp can run at 2ohms stereo all day long from a regular outlet. You should phone Mackie, most of the 1400's are still under warranty, i think.

Craig

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Yes input/output impedace/voltage shouldn't be an issue,there is something else for sure.

4. Ted Kim

Ted Kim Stunt Coordinator

try using the mackie to run your stereo speakers using the receiver as a preamp. If that doesn't work, its probably a problem with the Mackie.