What's new

Arrg! I broke my DishPlayer with new hard drive (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I bought a 40 G Maxtor hard drive and followed the instruction to swap out the old one.
The system boots up and then announces it has to check the WebTV site for an update. The modem dials and the "CONNECT" light on the front stays on for about 20 minutes. Then disconnects and announces "There was a problem" and gives me a "RETRY" button.
Thats it. I did this 7 times and it failed each time.
I found the service announcement about DishPlayers not liking to take an initial DL of software with a Dual LNB. But my error does not match the error described in the bulletin. It also does not respond to the Off-Option-611-On sequence designed to do a full-reset as described in the bulletin after hooking it up to a single LNB dish.
Any advice (other than putting the old hard drive back in?)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Currently the WebTV servers are down so the only way to "upgrade" is to clone the drive with your original. More info can be found in the Dishplayer/UltimateTV forum at www.dbsforums.com

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Robert: Thank you so much for that information. I went home at lunch and put the original HD back in and the system came up fine. What a relief.
Also, thanks for letting me know DBDFourm is back up. I stopped going by several months ago when the fourms were down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks