What's new

Arrested Development - The Final (?) Season Announced (1 Viewer)

JohnAP

Second Unit
I guess a quicker dvd release is the one good thing about cancellation.

I'll be anxious to get this as I missed a few episodes this season do to the fact that you never knew when it was going to be on or not for a few months there.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I was hoping Fox would use this image for the Season Two cover. However, it seems more appropriate for this third, and final (?), season. The image of the Bluths in a "sinking ship", with Tobias bailing water, is a perfect allegory for the turmoil surrounding the season's fight for survival. I hope Fox uses it for the cover. (It would also be fitting to leave the "?" in the text...just in case) :)

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
It's very likely been postponed to Tie-In with a new season this fall.

Why else would they announce the postponement so early? If it's some technical or legal thing, I doubt it couldn't be fixed in three months.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I too think this bodes well for a Showtime pick-up. Actually when it was announced for June I was depressed because I thought it was a true sign the show was over.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I ran into Michael Serra (however you spell it) the other day - you'd think the only thing on my mind was asking him if Showtime picked the show up.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The show may be dead for good, but I'm happy to get the final season on DVD. Maybe we can get a feature film down the road (I'm getting spoiled by the big-screen versions of Strangers with Candy and Trailer Park Boys this summer!), since the creator mentioned the possibilty in an interview.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
If I buy the individual season sets....a deluxe box of the entire series will be announced 20 minutes later.
So, should I wait until fall?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Got the Complete Arrested Development Collection yesterday. The slipcase is a very attractive, clear, starkly elegant and simple container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks