What's new

Arrested Development: Season 4 (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It's official -- shooting starts in four weeks.
41c7298b_adtweet12.jpeg

342ba81e_adtweet21.jpeg

The AD writers' room:
a194f157_Axemlz-CIAADJdl.jpeg

From Jason Bateman's Twitter (at the production office):
3a8383b5_AxeyO9pCIAAwmHH.jpeg

This, and the news that they'll just UNLOAD the whole season on Netflix all at once? I'm taking the day off. Unless it happens on a weekend. Then I'm skipping meals. Except breakfast.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
New images from the set (the newly-rebuilt Bluth mansion), tweeted by Jason Bateman:
4564776b_ozFmZ81SbW.jpeg

Bateman's caption: "My son, arriving yesterday."
37238f89_fYZbBQIHOH.jpeg

Bateman's caption: "A grandson, looking for his Gangee."
I can't believe two pictures of Michael Cera made my day. I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry-run.
Bangers in the mouth for everyone! It's only 20 miles to Legoland.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They must have kept the original blueprints for the sets. When shows have to recreate old sets, they usually come across feeling a little off. See "Serenity" vs. "Firefly" for an example. Other than being under construction, those feel exactly like what I remember. The first picture in particular is a surprise because I always thought the show had bought an unfurnished new-construction house somewhere to use for shooting the model home scenes.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
This is a show I discovered only on DVD a couple years ago. I'm THRILLED that we're getting another season- the only thing I'm trying to do is temper my excitement. It's not too often that a show (or movie for that matter) can disappear for a while and come back at a high quality. I guess we'll see if there's still money in the banana stand...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
They're shooting right now (and have been for a few weeks), and this news is a couple weeks old already, but Mad Men's John Slattery joins the guest cast this season for "multiple episodes":
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/mad-men-star-john-slattery-joins-arrested-development-reboot-20120816
Oh yeah.
Also, according to David Cross, the initial 10-episode order for this season is likely to be expanded to 13 episodes (if it hasn't already), simply due to "too much story":
Arrested Development will be just as complex (and kooky) as you remember, according to David Cross. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Cross revealed new details about the upcoming Netflix season.
"It's really audacious and amazing," Cross said about the new season. "I think a lot of people will miss the work that is involved, the story, the Venn diagrams that are being created, the domino effect that characters have with each other in their various episodes. I know what he's doing, and this has never been done on a TV show like this. This makes 'Lost' look like a Spaulding Grey monologue. You'll have to watch each episode more than once."
Production on the new season of Arrested Development began in July 2012, with a planned premiere date sometime in 2013. Originally announced as a 10-episode season, Cross told Rolling Stone he thinks it's 13 episodes now, because "there's too much story." Look for some characters to have two-part episodes.
"Everybody sort of participates, sometimes in a bigger way and sometimes in a tiny little thread that goes through everybody else's stories," he said.
And finally -- Henry Winkler is confirmed as returning (in the role of Barry Zuckerkorn), along with Scott Baio as Bob Loblaw:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrested-development-netflix-henry-winkler-returning-367281
Winkler recently tweeted out a picture of himself with Scott Baio from the set:
1a2aead4_tumblr_m9mzbtb8pj1qcm16uo1_500.jpeg

Gotta love Barry. He's very good.
However...
I DEMAND GENE PARMESAN

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/arrested-development-pauses-production-as-netflix-episodic-order-grows/

Bam! Fox Studios likes what they are getting, so does Netflix.. so instead of a 10 episode 4th season, we get 15 eps.. boo-ya

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fox accidentally posted the press release for the upcoming Netflix season before taking it down. Assuming that nothing changes before the press release is properly posted, we'll be getting a 14-episode season uploaded all at once to Netflix on May 4th, and the episode titles will be as follows:
  • Michael 1
  • Michael 2
  • George Sr. 1
  • George Sr. 2
  • Lindsay 1
  • Lindsay 2
  • Tobias
  • Gob 1
  • Maeby
  • Lucille
  • Buster
  • George Michael 1
  • George Michael 2
  • Gob 2
This strongly suggests that they've gone back to the original proposed format, where each episode focuses on a single character with the other characters moving around in the periphery. I like that, because it helps separate the new run from the original run so we're not trying to make an apples-to-apples comparison the whole time we're watching.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Those episode titles strike me as "working" titles, more than real titles. Hurwitz & crew have more creativity than that, and previous season ep. titles are nothing like that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Four episodes in for me. I think Kristen Wiig makes a decent enough young Lucille, but I just don't see Seth Rogan as a young George, Sr.So far I think they've done a good job of capturing the characters again without too heavily falling back on the old recurring gags and one-liners. It feels like a continuation and not a rehash, which is how it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks