What's new

Arrested Development S2: Where's the announcement? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The premiere (Thank glorious God for that) is in August and if FOX plans on catching any newbies up as they did last year they need to put S2 out there. I know friends of mine who have pledged to watch the show if they can watch S2. So FOX, let's get this show on the road.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Is Arrested Development: Season 1 any good because I might pick this up if I hear about it first?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Antonio, it's a GREAT show, and it's even funnier the second time around. I'd highly recommend it.

Gord

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I rented Season 1 and loved it. Cuz of scheduling conflicts I couldn't watch Season 2 but I will get it if it comes out on DVD, which I really hope it does.

Just love George Michael and his crush on his cousin. Funny stuff.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Antonio,
It is a Great DVD. I love to just put a disk in the machine and watch a couple of episodes. The extras are outstanding! Buy it now, and start saving to buy season two!

John Simon

Second Unit
October 11 seems like an awfully strange date to release it. After all, the third season is scheduled to start on September 19. Why not release it prior to the new season with the hope of finding new fans?

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
The announcement is official, the date is October 11th, and artwork is up over at TVShowsonDVD.com. I'd post the link for you, but I'm out of time, but check it out. I think the artwork is phenomenal. Bonus material has yet to be announced, but there will most likely be something extra there, and it will be 16x9 enhanced like the first season as well.

Hope this helps.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

It was a late decision by the Fox network to start its shows in September this year instead of November, as in the past few years. The Fox video department probably scheduled AD's release on the assumption that it would start in November again.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I think the cover art is very uninspired. Once again, it ignores the rest of the fabulous cast. I saw a great publicity shot in trade ad for the show awhile ago and thought, "That'd make a great cover shot for the Season 2 set!" I couldn't remember where I saw the ad, but a quick search came up with an eBay listing for that very ad. Maybe there's time for Fox to reconsider the cover art.

Here's the link to the trade ad art:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/48/d4/28_1_b.JPG

Kate*H

Agent
I agree with you Matt. I knew which picture you were talking about before you even posted the link. I don't know why Bateman gets all the credit, GOB is the most amazing character on televison.
-Kate

MattHR

Screenwriter

Jason Batman certainly deserves credit...just not all of it. Because of this show, he has become one of the great "straight men" of comedy. His role as the straight man is played off not one, but every other character on the show. His "non-response responses" and "I can't believe I'm part of this family" blank stares are priceless. The character of Maeby is almost another "straight man". Besides Michael, she's the only other family member that stands a chance of survival on her own.

This has to be the best ensemble cast on TV in years. Bateman is fantastic in the show, but he'd be nothing without the other equally-fantastic actors surrounding him, or the brilliant writers creating their dialogue. That's what makes the show so great. This group of actors nailed their characters from the first episode.

When I saw the first episode when it aired, I figured it was too good for TV, and would get canceled. (Every show I like gets canceled too soon.) I thought in order to be more "accessible" to the masses, they'd have to make it less witty, or worse, add a laugh track. Thankfully, this didn't happen. Although it was at risk of non-renewal, everything seems to have worked out for the best...for now.

Kyle Smith

Auditioning
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere else but I'm kinda disappointed that they are putting the episodes in broadcast order instead of the correct order. It's only one episode that was out of order (the Ben Stiller Ep. was aired early) but that but I still hope they change it before release so it will fix some continuity errors.

According to the press release, this is how the episodes will play on the discs:

Disc 1:
The One Where Michael Leaves
The One Where They Build A House
iAmigos!
Good Grief
Sad Sack
Afternoon Delight
Switch Hitter
Queen For A Day

Disc 2:
Burning Love
Ready, Aim, Marry Me!
Out On A Limb
Hand To God
Motherboy XXX
The Immaculate Election
Sword Of Destiny

Disc 3:
Meat The Veals
Spring Breakout
The Righteous Brothers

and this is how it should be:
Disc 1:
The One Where Michael Leaves
The One Where They Build A House
iAmigos!
Good Grief
Sad Sack
Afternoon Delight
Switch Hitter
Queen For A Day

Disc 2:
Burning Love
Ready, Aim, Marry Me!
Out On A Limb
Hand To God
Motherboy XXX
The Immaculate Election
Meat The Veals

Disc 3:
Spring Breakout
Sword Of Destiny
The Righteous Brothers

Jim Saunders

Agent
I had never seen the show before. A few weeks ago Fox was doing 4 consecutive episodes on a Friday night. I fell in love with it. I bought season 1 and love it. I'm kicking myself because a few months back, Best Buy had a big sale and I could have got it for 20 bucks. Instead I bought ALF and Dead Zone.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Actually, I believe the Ben Stiller ep was reworked slightly to fit into the continuity where it actually aired.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

This is odd considering they're running them in the right order during the Friday marathons. Hopefully they catch it before it goes to press, if it hasn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks