What's new

Arrested Development out October 19th (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Here's the official specs:

Woohoo! So to all Arrested Development fans, get out there in October and Gobias some DVDs to support the show.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
This was pretty much a given as Fox is trying for people to watch this show.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I am all over this!!! As a huge fan of the show, I know that you can easily miss jokes as they come almost one on top of the next. And there seems to be some decent extras. SOLD!

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I knew this was coming so i'm not in total excitement as I would be if t had been a surprise but i'm really we ghappy we have an official date. Yes!!!!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Excellent. Been waiting for a date on this. Definitely a must-buy for me on release date. Hoping that most of the cast participates in the extras since they all seem to love working on the show.

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator
Having the choice to watch the show with or without beeps would be key. Either way, i'm sold. They'll probably go with the beeps, as they create comedic moments in and of themselves - also, it might be more tasteful.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Our news item from early May listed a late-summer DVD release for the first season of the show. Well, it's not in late summer, but October 19th isn't that far away. The 3 disc set will contain all 22 episodes (491 mins) of the show, and will sell for a suggested price of $39.98 US. The presentation will include an anamorphic widescreen transfer (1.78:1), and English Dolby Surround audio, with English, French and Spanish subtitles. If you haven't caught this show yet, you can watch the DVD set before the November 7th return of the series, now entering its second season.

Disc 1
Episodes: Creator's Cut Pilot (unaired), Pilot, Top Banana, Bringing Up Buster, Key Decisions, Visiting Ours, Charity Drive.
Introduction by Ron Howard
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz, directors Joe Russo and Anthony Russo and actor Jason Bateman on "Creator's Cut Pilot"
Deleted/Extended scenes: Top Banana, Bringing Up Buster, Key Decisions, Visiting Ours
Breaking Ground: Behind the Scenes of Arrested Development
Original songs by David Schwartz (29 songs - audio only)

Disc 2
Episodes: My Mother the Car, In God We Trust, Storming the Castle, Pier Pressure, Public Relations, Marta Complex, Beef Consomme, Shock and Aww.
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, and David Cross on "Beef Consomme."
Deleted/Extended scenes: My Mother the Car, In God We Trust, Storming the Castle, Marta Complex, Beef Consomme, Shock and Aww.
The Museum of Television & Radio: Q&A with Creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast of Arrested Development.

Disc 3
Episodes: Staff Infection, Missing Kitty, Altar Egos, Justice is Blind, Best Man for the Gob, Whistler's Mother, Not Without My Daughter, Let Them Eat Cake.
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, and David Cross on "Let Them Eat Cake."
Deleted/Extended scenes: Staff Infection, Missing Kitty, Altar Egos, Best Man for the Gob.
TV Land - "Arrested Development: The Making of a Future Classic"
TV Land Awards - The Future Classic Award
Ron Howard Sneak Peek at Season 2
Arrested Development Promo "Blind"
Easter Egg - Tobias Outake

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1930

Boc art at above link.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
1.78:1 aspect ratio is good to hear. Anyone know if the episodes will be presented in the correct order in the box set?

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
It looks like it. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus episodes are put in the right place.

The extras don't list the "live from prison" intros from the New Year's Eve marathon, which means I won't be able to toss all of my home recordings.

I agree that the bleeps are an integral part of the comedy.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Ron Howard produced this show and is Henry Winkler a regular cast member? I think I might buy this show.

Claude North

Second Unit
Terrific news. Each episode always leaves me wanting more, so I'll probably end up watching the entire set in one sitting.

"It's his loss...it's his loss...it's his LOSS!"

John*P

Second Unit
Does anyone else here think the cover art is terrible? :frowning: I mean, honestly...the casts' legs??? The loyal fans will buy it, but I feel that casual fans, or newbies might be turned off by the bizarre cover art. Or is it just me?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

No. He was a guest star in six season one episodes and it looks like he'll be appearing in season two as well according to tvtome. But don't let that deter you Chris. AD is the best tv show in years.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I quite liked the cover. It's amusing, and different enough that I could see people picking it up out of curiosity. At least we're not getting another big head picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks