What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Great episode.

Since Tobias hasn't been appearing as much, Buster has become my favorite.

George Michaels' reaction to the trailer for Les Cousins Dangereux was hilarious.

I loved the line from Jobe, "We're brothers, mom, we kinda like each other."

~T

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I love the little details like how when Michael confronted Gob and Lindsay about missing their mother's surprise party, they were seated around a television watching "My Mother the Car", which was also the episode title.

And of course, the soap opera on which Marta appears is "Amor Prohibido" which appears on the sign next to her when Michael is "spying" in the stair car. I wonder why the CIA hasn't employed a stair car in any of its surveillance work?

Oh yeah, and the biggest laugh of the episode for me was definitely the point where Gob casually threw the life preserver over the side of the yacht while talking to George Michael. :)

Regards,

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Enjoyable episode.

Where is Tobias by the way?

So it looks like next week they are are going to take another stab at seeing the Foreign movie.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The "Next Time..." stuff never happens in the next episode; it's just added jokes for this weeks.

As for Tobias, I suspect they only got David Cross for 9 of the first 13 episodes or something, so he's probably "on auditions" or "attending workshops" during the weeks Cross isn't available.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
For the people who didnt get to watch the first time....

Wedneday, December 31 - "Arrested Development"
8:00/7:00c - "Pilot" (ARR-101)
8:30/7:30c - "Top Banana" (ARR-102)
9:00/8:00c - "Key Decisions" (ARR-105)
9:30/8:30c - "Charity Drive" (ARR-106)

Glad FOX is behind the show enough to run a marathon.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, and the biggest laugh of the episode for me was definitely the point where Gob casually threw the life preserver over the side of the yacht while talking to George Michael.
That was so damn funny. "Good morning..."

I like how this show has so many subtle jokes. You either catch them or you dont, they dont beat you over the head with them unlike almost every other show on TV.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I missed everything that Ken mentioned. I should start recording the show so that I can rewatch it.

~T

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I didn't get the "At least they got the Asian part right." thing with Gob. What was that whole bit about?

Good catch about the life preserver. I had to watch it again to get what was going on. I didn't even hear him say "You have to go" the first time through.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Man, this show is so freaking funny it is out of sight.

"Daddy, all I have ever wanted was for you to spend money on me." LOL!!!

When the mom called Buster 'weak' while she was talking to Michael was funny, she is such an evil monster.

I love this show, and I agree, they don't try and pound the jokes at you, you get them or you don't and the show keeps moving.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's assumed Gob hired some Hot Asian Action, but an old Asian couple happened to show up as prospective buyers. Gob thought the buyers were the hookers. Hence the line, "At least they got the Asian part right. But 'hot' would be a stretch".

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
"At least they got the Asian part right. But 'hot' would be a stretch".

When the asians were at the door didnt he say something like "OK short one first I guess..."

Wish I could remember everything I was laughing at :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
When the asians were at the door didnt he say something like "OK short one first I guess..."
Yeah, something like that. I frequently rewind because I end up laughing over the next few lines. I completely missed the conversation the sibs were having because I was still laughing over Fox's World's Worst Drivers clip.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Spread the word. Tell your friends and coworkers not to miss the Arrested Development Marathon tonight on FOX.
Set your recorders. 8:00 p.m.

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Also this Friday, "Bringing Up Buster," the episode with George-Michael, Maeby, and Tobias in the school play, airs at 9:30 ET. It's the only one of the first five skipped in the New Year's Eve mini-marathon.

And I'm hearing that tonight's two-hour block is being hosted by Jeffrey Tambor, in character as George, "live" from prison.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Leather Daddy...

I guess Leonor Varela is gone as Marta and Patricia Velasquez is now playing her (and I don't like her rendition of Marta).

This show is really hitting on all cylinders, so many funny bits stuff in 22 minutes. It reminds me of Scrubs, but in different ways, all of which produces laughs and chuckles.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved Michael biking down the road with the TV in tow and when it tips over and smashes, "Well, this really worked better with the chair."

Also, the triumphant return of David Cross!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks