What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
This show is the perfect length. The dramatic undertones should remain undertones. Always leave 'em wanting more.

Regards,

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I just rewatched this weeks episode and some of the lines are absolutely side splitting.

"Daddy horney"

"It seems like there is light still coming in under the door"

"That is none of, uh, your business, I mean my business"

"No batter"

"Your filthy, Michael"

"I still don't get the hair joke"

"Well it says Bluth company on the side and it has a ladder on the top, that'll catch the eye"

Man this show is just incredible. I hope it catches on, or at least is successful enough to garner some emmy/golden globe notice. I need this show to stay on the air.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Frickin' hilarious! :D With this last episode, I haven't laughed so hard since Seinfeld. This ensemble is great too!!

NBC gave Seinfeld a chance when the ratings started out poor and look where it went: one of the most beloved sitcoms ever! Too bad it's on Fox. Their execs are frickin' bozos! Is that a surprise, given the fact you-know-who runs the company?

Look at Oliver Beane. That was a pretty cute little parady of The Wonder Years with a great cast, and it sometimes had a good message too... Fox yanked it off the air faster than a soiled diaper!!

Perhaps if they didn't "dirty it up" and put it on HBO or Showtime it would last longer. In fact, it almost seems like A.D. was originally created for a pay channel...

Dan

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Surprised there's no talk about the 12/14 episode, which was probably the best yet.

- Henry Winkler
- John Michael Higgins
- "Well if you want to play Eve you'll have to get in line behind like 5 homos."
- "'A stay in bed mom'...probably because you don't work and you're lazy."
- "I am not a girl you- Go on, call me something. I'm redoing my kitchen."
- "That sounds like mom, or Bruce Vilanche. Could be Bruce Vilanche."
- "He's a never-nude."
- George Michael's "Yikes."
- "I shall duck behind the couch. What a pro."

And that's just the first 15 minutes.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
This show keeps getting better. One thing I liked was when everyone was in the mother's apartment and everything is decorated with Christmas trimmings, the maid is walking around with a Halloween sweater that says Boo!

The "Never-Nude" references are hillarious.

Paul

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
It was a hillarious episode and my favorite scene was with Maybe and Portugal is in South America, especially once the brother said the same thing about Michael going there. I laughed my @ss off.

"40 year old women, don't look like that." LOL.

Also, the litle things crack me up; Tobias hopping up on the suitcase and Buster leaning his whole body when he told his mother he didn't want to play Adam.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Good episode unfortunately I missed most of it as I was flipping back and forth between survivor.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I could hardly breathe from the moment they unveiled George Michael in his never-nude garb, through the recapture of Pops.

Another great line: "It's never the ones you want" "What?" "Think! It's never the one's you think."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched it this afternoon. I hadn't realized that Lindsay and Michael were twins, so now a lot of their scenes/jokes are funnier in retrospect. Last night's episode was very amusing, and they always seem to leave the audience wanting more, and never overstaying their welcome. Kudos!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought this was the weakest episode yet.

One thing I liked was when everyone was in the mother's apartment and everything is decorated with Christmas trimmings, the maid is walking around with a Halloween sweater that says Boo!
That's very funny, too bad I didn't get the joke while watching.

~T

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Sorry guys, I was watching survivor when this was on. I would love to see it and hope they rerun it soon

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, according to my ReplayTV, last night's episode "In God We Trust" will be on next Monday at 9:30 EST on Fox. There's also a new episode on in the usual Sunday timeslot too.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
After having missed a week, returning to this show was like a breath of fresh air. I love how Ron Howard is calling in all his favors to bring big names in here to do brief cameos... The guy from the Guest movies had my fiancee busting out laughing every time he showed up on screen.

"I have to tell you that there is no candy in this office." "I shall hide behind the couch."

And Henry Winkler as the incompetant, bigoted lawyer is GREAT! Plus the playing of Michael and his sister against each other is wonderfully played. This and Bernie Mac make Sundays on Fox required viewing again, after the Simpsons and Malcolm have lost their charm for me.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Marta was played by Leonor Varela (she of Cleopatra fame) in the previous episodes. I pointed this out to my fiancee, but she didn't think there was any actress switch.

I was disappointed not to see Leonor Varela. I thought she did a great job in the award show episode. I was looking forward to her return.

I hope Judy Greer makes more appearances. She was also absent this week but was hilarious the previous week. (Hair Up, Glasses Off...Hair Down, Glasses On,... etc...)

This week was a little weaker than some of the past few episodes. Even then, it is still a smarter, funnier show than 90% of the crap on TV.

Another poster mentioned that it actually gets better on second watchings and I agree. I had a few friends over this past weekend who had never seen the show. Thanks to my PVR, I replayed a few of the past few episodes and they were in tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks