What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
This is quickly becoming my favorite comedy on TV, with Scrubs being "hidden" by NBC during my CSI time. Ron Howard's narration is perfect!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/23/03

OMG! Could this show get any funnier?

Liza's cameo was a surprised, but her character and her interaction with Buster was LOL funny.

I think I now have the hots for Marta...

"White Power!"

"Tree Hugger" = brother of narrator.

The mom cracks herself (and me) up.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Its quite possible that Fox has THE best night in TV with its Sunday night lineup, and this is a big reason why. The more I watch this show, the more I enjoy it. It seems like every scene has a couple of moments that make me laugh.

If you haven't had a chance to catch this yet, you really should. It is one of TV's gems.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Buster! Buster! Buster!
But, actually, all of the characters are great. Quickly getting my vote as the most overall enjoyable show on TV. And the lack of a laugh track simply enhances the enjoyment; I actually get to decide what is funny.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
When Liza was walking towards Buster by the vending machine, the look on his face was so freaking funny. Also, the brother wrestling the sandwhich away from Michael was nuts.

Marta is hot.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
All right! Thanks for the great news, Patrick! At the back of my mind, I was worrying that this show would not get a full season run. *COUGH*Miracles*COUGH*

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show's ratings, while far from great, are much better than their comparative shows on other nights of the week. This is a weak season for Fox, thus the renewal of what would normally be on-the-bubble shows.

Micheal pulling up in the stairs truck after Ron Howard telling about them selling the plane has got to be the best single gag of the season so far.

Wonderful, top notch episode. Can't replace the Cornballer, but it's right up there.

(Some good character development too; Lindsey actually showing some affection for Tobias, the father and GOB playing catch {as far as it went...}, Michael meeting Marta, etc.)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
BEST EPISODE YET!!!!

- exit strategy!
- the "schedule"
- picking up the wrong woman
- poking that bird with her stick!
- blood on the dashboard!
- the breakin!
- the chocolate banana stand!
- $10,000!!!!!!!!!
- father and son in the squad car

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!

horrible time slot tho

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The first segment wasn't all that amusing, but it provided tremendous setup for the rest of the episode, and by the 2nd segment, I was LOL for the reminder of the show. Loving it!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The character developement is great to see; each character adds a little something every episode. I'll echo Paul: I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I was a little worried about this episode since it didn't start off that well, but it got great after everything was set up.

"Let's go see papa."

~T

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Two weeks in a row I forget it is on because I am getting so into Alias. Damn.
Anyone know where I can get these episodes from?

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
My favorite quote of the week, courtesy of Buster:

"Wait, I need my rape whistle."

I thought this was a very enjoyable episode, throughout.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I was worried too, since it started off very slowly. But the payoff with the skull and nail polish was very Seinfeld-ian.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This show should be an hour long, it just gets going and then next thing you know its over.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really dig how Michael isn't the typical straight man. He's normal yes, but unlike most straight men who spend the majority of their time jaw dropped and aghast, Michael takes it more or less for granted. The line about "well, I know I'm gonna get an ice cream cone now" or whatever after seeing all the absolutely bonkers shit that happened to the car was great. Also, after Jason Bateman said, "Talk to GOB, that's what he's there for." and Michael says "So that's what he's for!" was great.
I loved the throwaway line about Tobias losing the stairs truck, too. The father-and-son exchange in the back of the patrol car which ended with "let's go visit papa." was awesome too.
So far, the weakest episode yet, but when the show's been this consistently excellent that's by no means an insult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks