What's new

Arrested Development - Any word on Season 2 DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
Any info? If not, anyone have a best quess when we would possibly hear an announcement?

I have heard rumors that it might not get picked up for a 3rd season.......I'm hoping this isn't true. I just got into this show a couple of weeks ago, and man it is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. I still have yet to see season 2, my bro has them all on tivo, but, I'd rather see them on DVD.

This show better come back next season!

If you haven't seen this show..buy season 1 on DVD! It's definitely worth a blind purchase.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Great show. Since it just finished its second season, I'm sure a DVD announcement will come soon.

As for season 3, there is still hope. It won the Emmy. The critics and fox execs still love it.

John*P

Second Unit
I'm sure that season 2 of Arrested Development will be released on DVD, and I'm sure that I will own it...

And while I'm on a Jason Bateman kick, bring on Silver Spoons, The Hogan Family and It's Your Move! :-p

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Can't wait for s2. I'm sure it will be released at some point. I'm also crossing my fingers for a s3.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Season 1 came out inaruound oct last year, IIRC, so we probably still have a bit of a wait.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
I heard someone say October, but they had no source. So, really, just hot air. Not sure when Season 2's coming out, but if there's a Season 3, I think we can bet on a Fall/Winter 05 release as Fox continues to try to get people into this show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fox puts out their TV stuff nearly like clockwork. Since AD: Season One came out in October, 2004, more likely than not, Season Two will be out in October. It's not not a science but it's the best guess anyone can make:)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Well, if they're smart, they'll put season two out on DVD a couple a few weeks before Season Three premiers. If I can watch the entire 2nd season on DVD BEFORE the beginning of Season Three, then I'll be parked in front of my TV every Sunday night to watch the show. If not, I'll be waiting for the DVDs again like many people and ratings will continue to suffer. It is a show you MUST watch in order.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I would be very surprised if you ever see a season 3. Fox can't continue to keep a show on the air with ratings as consistently bad as Arrested development.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i hope on the 2nd season DVDs they do the commercial breaks right and NOT include a flash of black in the fade ins/outs of white.

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
Did I hear correctly that Arrested Development got renewed for a 3rd season?

Check out the official website! A pop up ad will come up stating it!

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it's official. The new FOX head jumped the gun and announced it earlier in the week. The offical FOX announcement came out yesterday saying that there was an order for 22 episodes for a 3rd Season of Arrested Development. YAY!

One for the good guys and the best comedy on TV today. :b

Gaby:)

Grip
I am very pleased this show will be back for a season 3. It is a shame however that FOX does not always air the episodes in order. Like for season 2, the episode with Tony Wonder (played by Ben Stiller) was supposed to be episode 17 but FOX aired it as episode 15.

And the show will be airing on Mondays at 8pm in the fall. Eventhough we have a full season pickup, there's no placement for the show starting in January. This makes me sad.

Gaby:)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Maybe they will do it the 24 "non-stop-season" style. They could just run them straight through and be done by December. Show a double episode a couple of nights. AD with its continuing storyline doesn't really lend itself to out of order reruns for the most part.

--Ian

Joel C

Screenwriter
The Tony Wonder episode was originally supposed to be 17 but they re-wrote it when the episode order was cut (isn't that the one with all the "we were building 22 houses and now they want 18" jokes?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks