What's new

Arrest Warrant for Michael Jackson Issued (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
You would need it for entry into another country.
And airlines won't let you on the plane unless you have a valid pasport and (if required) visa for your destination as they are liable to fly you back if refused entry at the other end. Of course MJ could just charter a jet...

Its fairly standard for people on bail to be asked to surrender their passport if the charge is serious enough that they might be considered a flight risk.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Michael obviously has some problems with his self image and ego. The fact that he is wealthy does not help either. His attitude towards children does make him a easy target for money hungry people and there lawsuits. If he is truly innocent across the board then I do feel bad for him for all the shit he has had to put up with. However if he ever had any inappropriate contact with a child he should rot in jail till the day he dies or worse!!!!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I shudder to think what my mindset would be like if I was given near-infinite resources and was able to insulate myself from reality as effectively. I'd probably be a similar nutjob.
i couldn't agree more!

i've always said, if i had insanely deep pockets, then i'd be doing some crazy stuff too. okay, not sleeping with kids, but still...i'm sure i'd do some stuff that would make anyone here :rolleyes:.

again, that doesn't excuse any possible criminal conduct, but i definitely get where vince is coming from.

i've never been a big mj fan, but over the years i've come to really like his older stuff. they were really great songs and he is definitely a talent.

it's just too unfortunate that his sensibilities took a serious left-turn somewhere.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Didn't the exact same thing happen to him 12 years ago? Is there anyone here who in their hearts honestly believe that nothing 'criminal' happened then? That it was all a misunderstanding and was settled out of court, how many millions did he pay that boys family to keep quiet about the whole thing?
I was a fan of Michael's in the 80's, but lost interest in him when he became too strange, physically and mentally.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
He's the undisputed King of Pop Cees, he has (or had) more fans worldwide than any other entertainer, it's easy to turn a blind eye to whatever he does in his private life, but for how long?
How many of these accusations can they throw at him before one of them sticks?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Well, when one of them sticks, I guess we'll know.

Hey, I'm not an admirer of the man either, but if you're dealing with charges this severe, you better be damn sure you've got things right. The movie Capturing The Friedmans shows how difficult it can be to get things straight...

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the exact same thing happen to him 12 years ago?...how many millions did he pay that boys family to keep quiet about the whole thing?
It's different now. Newer laws compel a minor to testify even if he or she does not wish to.

There will be no buying of silence in this case.

Jon

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Well they can't hardly force it out of him if he doesn't want to talk about it. What are they going to do, jail a kid for contempt?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The fact that the complainants did settle for money tells me that nothing did happen. If your kid had been sexually abused would you really settle for money? Any parent with respect and care for their kid would say no way.

"You were slamming our kid, Michael, but for 10 million or so we'll forget it ever happened. Our kid will be happy because we'll be able to keep him in $300 Nikes for the rest of his natural life."

As far as I'm concerned, a parent of a truly sexually abused kid settling for money as reparations would be as sick as the perpetrator.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The fact that the complainants did settle for money tells me that nothing did happen. If your kid had been sexually abused would you really settle for money? Any parent with respect and care for their kid would say no way.

"You were slamming our kid, Michael, but for 10 million or so we'll forget it ever happened. Our kid will be happy because we'll be able to keep him in $300 Nikes for the rest of his natural life."

As far as I'm concerned, a parent of a truly sexually abused kid settling for money as reparations would be as sick as the perpetrator.
I think you've never worked as or dealt with people who went through sexual abuse ;) In many cases, the person who is abused, like rape victims, etc. also doesn't want a court appearance; even if they know the other person is guilty; they have a deep found shame and problems dealing with the event. Psychologically, it's difficult to be in that arena, and be questioned about an event.

A lot of rape cases never go to trial because the person who was raped cannot bring themselves forward to press it out of fear, shame, humiliation.

I could understand parents settling, even though it sounds ill, if for nothing then to save their child from being under the media hotlights as an "accusser" and have it be something they are remembered as for the rest of their life. That kind of baggage is hard to deal with.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I have mixed emotions about people showing up in court. On one hand, you've got some seriously traumatized people who's view of the world is probably skewed now and their trust in the goodness of people severly hammered.

On the other hand, if you bring the accusations, you better bring some force with it. Otherwise, not showing up in court makes it seem like you're flinging accusations and running away to hide so you aren't held accountable for your accusations.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

"At some point last spring, the boy's schoolmates — apparently aware of his relationship with Jackson — began taunting him in public. In one case, an incident of harassment is said to have occurred at a gas station, prompting the boy’s mother to seek legal advice. The lawyer she met with advised sending the boy to a psychologist. According to my source, the psychologist had enough concerns to report his conversation to the police."

It sounds like idiot to me. First the kid was being made fun of for being one of Michael Jackson's little boys then a psychologist brought the police into it.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
He is, after all, innocent until proven Guilty. That having been said, when I think of the greatest travesty of being led to believe something (McMartin trial anyone?) Even though they were completely wronged by the system and made scapegoats, to my knowledge none of them opened up a daycare again.

Charges of child sexual crimes make front page news; they are media sensational, especially so with Michael Jackson.

I'm willing to believe he could be the biggest idiot in the world and that psychofantic pscyhologists and greedy parents/etc. have allowed their own conclusions to alter reality... but I'll wait until it's tried in court.

:)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I certainly feel bad for MJ but it seems he has "made his own bed" with this one.....
I also feel bad for the general public since we'll have to hear about this from every angle, from the news media for some time to come......they are the real vultures here...... I find myself watching less and less news.... their spin is almost as strange as MJ himself........

:thumbsdown:

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
He is pne of the weirdest wonders of the natural world. Although i really don't think he did anything wrong...... but who knows:frowning:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Well they can't hardly force it out of him if he doesn't want to talk about it. What are they going to do, jail a kid for contempt?
He will be required to take the witness stand, assuming this is the prosecution's plan. You don't think an attorney can garner information from a 12-year-old boy under those circumstances?

Also, I don't believe MJ's camp will even try the pay-for-silence routine in this instance, knowing the current laws.

Obviously, none of us know if he is guilty of these charges; but I'm pretty confident that he's guilty of:

1. Very poor judgement (continuing to have sleepovers with minors)

2. Attempting to wrongly deflect the blame towards the media (accusing them of timing this with his new release in order to harm his career - gimme an f'in break).

Jon

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I can't say whether he did it or not, both 10 years ago and this incident now. I will say this though, I believe MJ while not being a diagnosed pedophile is certainly bordering on the edge of being one with his obsession with children.I read in one of today's articles that his ranch even has statues of children. Add this to his well documented and publicized "sleepovers" and it all just really disturbs me.

not to sidetrack from the subject at hand but Does anyone else feel that Neverland makes him kind of a threat? I mean he is always holed up in there with his countless staff and a never ending amount of people coming to his theme-park. I just feel as though he could get away with a lot of illegal and harmful things up there and no one would ever know, especially with the money he has and his extremely loyal following of people and staff. It may sound a little extreme but it could be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks