What's new

Around a $600 HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Tim Beebe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Are there any recommendations for an HDTV around $600? I'm looking preferably for 27-36 inches. I already have a 27" television now, so I'd like to go at least a little bigger if I can. Around $600 is a loose term. I may be able to go closer to $800, but I'm not sure yet.

Craig

Second Unit
One Call has a Panasonic 32 inch for $800 and a Philips 30 inch widescreen for $800, but you have to figure in shipping which would probably be another $100.

OneCall

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Check out the Zenith 27" & 32" HD direct-views.

Nice sets with lots of cool features.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I've had a Samsung TXN2668WHF for about a month. I absolutely love it! Looks very good with a 480i and 1080i inputs. The 480i source is my ancient Panasonic A120 DVD and the 1080i source is my Motorola HD cable box. I've just ordered a Zenith DVB318 which will be my new DVD player (progressive, Faroudja DCDi, upconvert to 1080i over component). Standard CATV is "okay" ... I generally tend to watch non-letterboxed 4:3 screen material in "panarama" mode (normal in the center of the screen and stretched at the edges), letterboxed 4:3 material (i.e.; Band of Brothers on History Channel) looks real good in "zoom1" mode.

$599 at Sears. When I bought mine they had a special going on - no interest, no payments for a year.

Hth,

Rob Craven

Auditioning
When I was looking around for info, I kept reading that the Zenith 27" had a problem where it made a buzzing sound whether you had the sound on or muted. Anyone know if that's really true?

At the moment, I'm looking at the Toshiba 32" (32HF73, I think it is...) and it looks like it keeps dropping in price, which is nice, since I won't be getting it right away. :)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you can afford it? CompUSA has the JVC 32" HDTV model AV-32DF74 with a DVI Input for $829.96 in their stores & on their website with 99 Cent Shipping on orders over $299.00

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Frank, Yes that's a problem for a lot of people with the new tv sets that have speakers on the sides. It's too bad "ALL" the companies don't give us the choice of sets with speakers at the bottom or sides. At least one model anyway like Sony used to have. I think Toshiba is the only company that has HDTV sets with the speakers mounted on the bottom.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I wish we could get them without speakers at all and save the cost and size. There are too many sets with virtual sound etc...that people just don't use. I rarely ever listen to the t.v. speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks